Weather & Attendance for Southern Miss Game

GreenTexan13

20 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

I would take snow over rain anytime. 

I'm still pissed off at Dodge not going for the field goal just before halftime of that Ohio game in a monsoon.  Kicker was having a pretty good night,  but not getting any points put us into overtime, when we lost.  Never been so rained on.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

Agreed. I bet most fans of the sport would too. Something fun about football in the snow that isn't present for snow in heavy rainfall.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

That was the worst part of that first home game against WKU.   It just kept raining hovering around 33 degrees.  We were sopping wet in near freezing temperatures praying it would change over to snow.  It never did.  It felt like we were watching a scrimmage because the band looked to outnumber the fans.  

7 hours ago, eulessismore said:

I'm still pissed off at Dodge not going for the field goal just before halftime of that Ohio game in a monsoon.  Kicker was having a pretty good night,  but not getting any points put us into overtime, when we lost.  Never been so rained on.

There was so much rain that day.  Afraid today might be like that

it is sunny in denton, temp 74 degrees, the birds are singing and i see rainbows and unicorns.   Everyone come to the game today.

2 hours ago, NT91 said:

That's how it will be today.

8k in the stadium.

People will watch it on ESPN 3 and stay home.

look at what is coming on the radar.

If UTEP had 15k in the stands last week we should have at least 20k.  

• Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

• We have sat through a lot of bad weather games - including the Florida State "snow game" - to watch North Texas football but we were a LOT younger in those days.    If we did not have Club level seats we would not be coming to Denton today so I won't be critical of anyone who stays home to watch it on ESPN3.   If you do choose to attend be extra loud because we will have to make up for those who choose to stay dry.
  • Upvote 2