Women's Soccer Ranked #25!!!

MGNation92

Managed to tie it, but couldn't come back and win it.  Not having the top scorer may have had something to do with the result.

So now UNTs record when ranked is officially 0-0-1.

That is obviously bad for votes, as WKU isn't very good. However, they get a second chance on Sunday already, playing at Marshall, which is not a great team either. For this one NTs leading goal scorer Taylor Torres is slated to return. If they can get that one they should at least stay high in votes even if it may possibly not be enough to stay in the top 25 this week.

54 minutes ago, outoftown said:

The poll came in, and somehow NT can't be found anywhere, not even among other votes received, not even in the regional one (south). Not sure what happened, I am sure that that is not because of that tie last week, something else must have happened.

Yeah. That makes very little sense. The fact that we aren’t in the regional poll says they must have removed us entirely for some reason other than on field play. 

Edited by Mean Green Matt

20 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

Yeah. That makes very little sense. The fact that we aren’t in the regional poll says they must have removed us entirely for some reason other than on field play. 

I agree. Something weird is going on. Maybe @Brett Vito could ask someone in the athletic department if they know or if they inquired with the ncaa.

3 hours ago, outoftown said:

I agree. Something weird is going on. Maybe @Brett Vito could ask someone in the athletic department if they know or if they inquired with the ncaa.

The United Soccer Coaches Association runs the poll. To be eligible you have to be a member. The only reason I can think of that they straight up removed us would be if we missed a payment or something. Because even if we dropped out of the Top 25 we should still be in the regional poll. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Mean Green Matt said:

The United Soccer Coaches Association runs the poll. To be eligible you have to be a member. The only reason I can think of that they straight up removed us would be if we missed a payment or something. Because even if we dropped out of the Top 25 we should still be in the regional poll. 

I don’t want to be that guy, so please forgive me. I have a class with someone on the team and what you’re saying is correct. Apparently you have to register to get votes and their registration expired so no one could vote for them. 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I don’t want to be that guy, so please forgive me. I have a class with someone on the team and what you’re saying is correct. Apparently you have to register to get votes and their registration expired so no one could vote for them. 🤷🏽‍♂️

WTH??

Ive seen Wren at soccer games before, so I know he cares...   Who is this on?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Thanks for the info....

...but ouch if its true. That hurts in its stupidity.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

If true the soccer polls are garbage.  A poll is to determine the ratings based on the best teams, not only the best teams that bothered to register.  

Can you imagine any team being completely ignored in the major football pools because of their registration status?

Better question:
If everyone knows the rule, can you imagine any team with a slogan like "#drivefor5", therefore EXPECTING to be somewhere in or near the rankings, NOT anticipating the need to re-register?

• Sad 1