ODU writer claims Alamodome is the best C-USA stadium?

Harry

I remember going there for a bunch of high school football state championship games. Honestly it’s unremarkable other than it fits 60,000. The area surrounding it, from what I remember is not that great either.  It’s a multi-purpose staduim so it doesn’t do anything particularly well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HoustonEagle said:

So I have never been to the Alamo Dome.  Can someone expand on why it's so bad? 

It was built to house the Spurs originally. The box's only sit about 16 watching the game & are about 2/3s the size of our boxes. They now expanded the size of the concourse so I'll see how it flows in Nov. can't tailgate like other college stadiums. Parking downtown . Little room on sidelines . People dressed as Mexican fighters really is strange sight. Mascot is flightless bird which is always fun to wonder out loud which flightless bird is their mascot when talking to a UTSA alum.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, HoustonEagle said:

So I have never been to the Alamo Dome.  Can someone expand on why it's so bad? 

The part that drives me crazy in there is how loud the PA/Music is and the way it reverberates around in that cavernous space. It drove me insane the last two times we played down there. It’s really obnoxious.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Green Lantern said:

The part that drives me crazy in there is how loud the PA/Music is and the way it reverberates around in that cavernous space. It drove me insane the last two times we played down there. It’s really obnoxious.

This more than anything.

Its like being in a Chuck-E-Cheese on Saturday afternoon.  Horrible place.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Hand me down implies some team wanted it in the first place.  It was a Football stadium the basketball team never wanted.  But they squatted there because their Arena was falling down.

Yeah, it's more like that crappy Christmas gift that you never wanted, so you just regift it to someone you don't really like.

• Haha 1