College kids

RiseUNT

Totally agree with you...hats off to the Mean Green football team.  One win away from being bowl eligible.  Being bowl eligible is getting to be a given, and that is great.  Not many years ago we were not even competitive...we've come a long way.

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, MCMLXXX said:

Are you saying they went to Beaumont?

Whoa!  The Golden Triangle (Beaumont, Port Arthur, Orange) was my old stomping grounds most of my adult life.  I made a good living there.

But yes, it has declined since the oil embargo of the late '70's, early '80's, and more so after the three years of hurricanes that hit the area(Katrina, Rita, Ike, and Harvey).  Today, the Triangle is pretty sad indeed.  People still make an excellent living down there;  they just don't all live in the cities.  So bad down there that Christus Hospitals closed down their hospitals in Port Arthur and Orange.  Nothing more than emergency care centers.

• Sad 1

This is true. I think a lot of people are just excited and would have loved a perfect record to boast about. We are all proud of our Mean Green. It definitely hurts thinking about the loss... what could have been done. But we just gotta listen to what coach says. Learn from it, move on, reset. Hats off to these players and coaches for doing such a great job this season. Excited to see how the rest unfolds.

• Upvote 1