***OFFICIAL UNT vs. UTEP Game Thread***

Harry

2 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

Do you think perhaps the above, plus the El Paso elevation of 3,740' vs. the Denton elevation of 630' could have anything to do with it? Let's hear from someone with medical background.  I was surprised they didn't go out there early to acclimate.

Not a doctor, but I taught earth science in grad school. If I remember correctly you start to expierence severe changes in atmospheric comp around 7,000 feet MSL. These guys are in shape so I doubt it made that much of a difference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_high_altitude_on_humans

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, SilverEagle said:

Tonights results for us and La Tech can be easily explained. We both played our most intense game of the season last week, and neither of us had anything (emotionally) left in reserve. We were lucky enough to get UTEP tonite. Imagine what would have happened if we had played UAB.

You may be on to something @SilverEagle

1 hour ago, NorthTexan95 said:

It's both.  Our running backs are small and lack vision. 

Exactly, with Easly gone we don't have a RB capable of making an adjustment if the play is stuffed at the point of attack. There were tons of yards and a few more first downs left on the field if the RB's just get their heads up and see the many, many wide open areas outside of the tackles.

• Upvote 3

why not run our fullback on short yardage situations? He looks pretty big and hopefully has the strength to get the tough yards.  We better come to play next week.   

Also, I know UTEP said a lot about us being a directional school.  It is hard to take insults from UTEP when they have the same admissions standards as a community college.

• Ray 1

2 hours ago, southsideguy said:

It is hard to take insults from UTEP when they have the same admissions standards as a community college.

UTEP used to be a customer of mine (hence my familiarity with and affection for El Paso.  Had some good times out there).  

If I recall correctly, they don't have ANY admission standards.  Google search says their acceptance rate is 100%. 

UNT is at a not terribly admirable 70%. 

And aren't pretty much ALL schools in the UT system that aren't in Austin directional in and of themselves? 

• Thanks 2

70 vs 100 a little harder to get in.  I grew up in EP and attend UTEP for one year before moving along to NTSU.  Let me tell you there was a world of difference between the two.  NTSU was a lot harder then UTEP and the students more competitive.  Looking back I am sad I spent a year at UTEP.  It is just where El PASO high schools come together.  In those days they had one dorm and it was not full.  I was lucky enough to watch the Bear coach, I went to a lot of UTEP basketball games while I was in high school.  

The only good thing about El Paso is I am from there.  I hated the wind storms and the dust in the air and being able to taste sulfur when walking across the campus from ARSCO.  I know it no longer standing.  If you would have told me I would have left El Paso when I was in high school I would have said you were crazy.  I glad I went out into the world and left the sun city.  I am sure El Paso didn't miss me so we are even.  Oh yeah, when I went to visit the last time my truck was stolen.  The cop told me I never see again and was in Mexico.  I loved that truck.