Minor setback

TheNewEra

This might come off as a pointless and negative story and it kind of is but.. I was super excited for the retro gear being released this weekend so I made sure I hit the stadium store pregame. I spent a good chunk on the retro Nike T short sleeve, Retro Nike Long Sleeve, & Retro Nike NT Polo. I wore the T shirt and put my favorite unt hoodie back in the bag with the others. While watching the kick get blocked and the confusion after, someone stole my bag with all my gear in it. The worst part is I was sitting on the home side by mostly UNT fans. So I lost a little faith in my unt brethren but I’m guessing they needed that gear more than me.  

• Lovely Take 2
  • Sad 1

Man, that is terrible. I feel bad for you...  

I always try to look at the side of "I guess they needed it more than me", but that doesn't help the short term pain of losing the money spent. 😕

51 minutes ago, TheNewEra said:

This might come off as a pointless and negative story and it kind of is but.. I was super excited for the retro gear being released this weekend so I made sure I hit the stadium store pregame. I spent a good chunk on the retro Nike T short sleeve, Retro Nike Long Sleeve, & Retro Nike NT Polo. I wore the T shirt and put my favorite unt hoodie back in the bag with the others. While watching the kick get blocked and the confusion after, someone stole my bag with all my gear in it. The worst part is I was sitting on the home side by mostly UNT fans. So I lost a little faith in my unt brethren but I’m guessing they needed that gear more than me.  

I feel for you. My wife’s purse got stolen after the SMU game. On the home side as well. I guess there are predators everywhere. 

To play devil's advocate in trying maintain a glimmer of hope for humanity, assuming it was one of those clear plastic bags, they are mighty difficult to keep track of.  I inadvertently took the one belonging to the woman who sits next to me because I thought it was the GF's.  I figured it out right quick and returned it with profuse apology. 

Sorry to hear. If this helps humanity, we found a new iphone and we were luckily able to get it back to its owner. A college kid can't afford to lose a thousand dollar phone.

Sidebar: I really really wanted one of the throwback long sleeved Nike shirts. It only said Eagles in green. I know what it is and who we are, however, as an avid hater of the Philadelphia Eagles, I couldn't do it. I wish it said NTSU also.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TheNewEra said:

If there’s any karma in the world none of your gear will fit the scumbag that stole it.  

• Haha 1