RiseUNT

50 minutes ago, Texas Stranger said:

Top-tier programs are starting to face fan backlash over non-competitive games at premium ticket prices.  Way past due.  Hopefully poll voters will one day start hammering teams that schedule non-competitive games. 

Wouldn't the UNT beatdown of Arkansas be considered a "non-competitive game" on paper?

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Texas Stranger said:

Top-tier programs are starting to face fan backlash over non-competitive games at premium ticket prices.  Way past due.  Hopefully poll voters will one day start hammering teams that schedule non-competitive games. 

Got bad news for you. If they can’t keep commanding premium pricing, it might equate to less money paid out to the visiting team.

On 10/5/2018 at 4:17 PM, emmitt01 said:

I’ll be glad when they start penalizing P5 schools in the polls after the “top 25” teams they beat are shown to be mediocre (I’m looking at you Texas).  

I think the win over OU probably legitimizes them sad to say.

Other than Bama, it's pretty topsy turvy out there.  Ohio State also looks rather good (and a fairly favorable schedule on paper), but everyone else has questions right now.

Edited by CMJ

18 hours ago, CMJ said:

I think the win over OU probably legitimizes them sad to say.

Other than Bama, it's pretty topsy turvy out there.  Ohio Stare also looks rather good (and a fairly favorable schedule on paper), but everyone else has questions right now.

I am not sold on Texas, but hard to argue with three top 25 wins in the first six games...

14 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

I am not sold on Texas, but hard to argue with three top 25 wins in the first six games...

I’m not sold on the Big XII, so the “top 25” teams they beat don’t impress me.  Don’t forget, that Oklahoma powerhouse they just beat eas taken to OT by Army

5 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I’m not sold on the Big XII, so the “top 25” teams they beat don’t impress me.  Don’t forget, that Oklahoma powerhouse they just beat eas taken to OT by Army

I agree to a point. And I think early season ranking are bullshit.  But it is the only system we currently have, so that is what it is.