It feels different now

Harry

I just can't help but notice that the energy level is down for us right now.  Probably a normal reaction to losing the game and more importantly the undefeated season.   I am sure Coach Chico and the Miners will give us a good game.   Hope this lull doesn't affect our play in a very important game on the road.

Well, the pressure of going undefeated and living up to everyone's (unrealistic ?) high expectations is off.    The team can turn that into a positive or negative.   I trust our coaches.

We just need to find a RB now that can replace what Easly was doing.   He was clearly the most productive back we had.   And, crossing my fingers that Hall is going to be OK.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 5

After everything that has happened in the first five weeks (four wins including SMU and Arkansas), punt return, IPF groundbreaking, Joe Greene statue ... this week was going to be slow to matter what happened against La Tech. The fan base can't keep the same hype every week all season and having winless UTEP coming up doesn't help. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Harry said:

I just can't help but notice that the energy level is down for us right now.  Probably a normal reaction to losing the game and more importantly the undefeated season.   I am sure Coach Chico and the Miners will give us a good game.   Hope this lull doesn't affect our play in a very important game on the road.

Harry, first you post the blocked field goal and now this? Stay away from any sharp knives! 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, akriesman said:

Well, the pressure of going undefeated and living up to everyone's (unrealistic ?) high expectations is off.    The team can turn that into a positive or negative.   I trust our coaches.

We just need to find a RB now that can replace what Easly was doing.   He was clearly the most productive back we had.   And, crossing my fingers that Hall is going to be OK.

Everyone is talking about finding a RB to carry the load but will GH remember to use that RB?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

This is my first time checking the forum since the game. I still have a terrible taste in my mouth. That’s the saddest I’ve ever felt after a UNT game. Portland State was a disaster but we were garbage and expected to lose. I still love this team and will still be at all of the home games, it’s just hard to shake this ****** feeling after losing our chance at the division (yeah UAB COULD beat LA Tech but UAB also got blown out by 2nd year FBS team Coastal Carolina). I don’t mean to be a bummer, but this is honestly the worst I’ve ever felt after a UNT game.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

This is my first time checking the forum since the game. I still have a terrible taste in my mouth. That’s the saddest I’ve ever felt after a UNT game. Portland State was a disaster but we were garbage and expected to lose. I still love this team and will still be at all of the home games, it’s just hard to shake this ****** feeling after losing our chance at the division (yeah UAB COULD beat LA Tech but UAB also got blown out by 2nd year FBS team Coastal Carolina). I don’t mean to be a bummer, but this is honestly the worst I’ve ever felt after a UNT game.

It'll be better if you just head over to the CUSA board and eat that crow now.  

I think our overall record will still be great, the biggest thing about last week is not being in the driver’s seat for your division after 1 week of conference play. Really wish we played LaTech later in the season. If they don’t lose to UAB this week, it’s hard to see them losing 2 conference games. If that’s the case, we could potentially be 11-1 and not in the conference championship game. That would sting. Even with that record I doubt they rank a G5 that doesn’t win their conference. Lofty goals of NY6 aside, this was the season to finally get us ranked for the first time in the modern era.  

• Upvote 3

I get people are bummed out...but aren’t a lot of these players going to be here next year too? Especially on offense, the defense is playing way better than anyone thought possible. Who’s to say we aren’t in a similar position next year. Maybe I’ve had too much green koolaid. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Salsa_Verde said:

I get people are bummed out...but aren’t a lot of these players going to be here next year too? Especially on offense, the defense is playing way better than anyone thought possible. Who’s to say we aren’t in a similar position next year. Maybe I’ve had too much green koolaid. 

Not on the defense, which has me worried.

1 hour ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Nope I don't think you had too much kool-aid. Lemme ad a green arrow to that Koo-laid.

• Thanks 1