Props to Jim Plummer/PlummMeanGreen

untcampbell

A good deed needs to be publicly acknowledged. 

I mis-read the instructions on how to get the Mean Joe key chain and instructed family that they would be available at the end of the IPF groundbreaking (doesn't make any sense, I know). We say Kyle from Tickets and a couple of others setting up some tables at the end of the ground breaking so I hung in for a few more minutes before having to run back to my tailgate to join those I was hosting, then ran back to make it to the statue unveiling at 4. I missed the key chain give away and so did my son and a friend....my fault.

Jim Plummer got an extra and as we were talking about the cool game day giveaways, he asked if I got one. Jim gave me his extra, and I am eternally grateful to Jim. Thanks amigo.

Still haven't decided if I am going to give it to #1 son.

GMG

Edited by untcampbell
Enhanced title
  • Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Huff said:

Jim is a pretty good guy ......most of the time.

Responding to untcampbell & Huff:

Thanks, Scottie Campbell.   Glad I had an extra.   I still think back when we loaded up your SUV & went to Norman for that track meet, I mean, uh, football game the day OU recognized Bud Wilkinson (when he was actually still alive). I like schools who recognize their greats while they're still living (like....MEAN JOE GREENE)?  And then after the Sooner game we head back to DFW how you almost outran that Oklahoma DPS officer. :crashh:  SUMG & I both never saw a foot get off an accelerator as fast as yours did in our life.  

And Don aka Huff....Most of the time?  (Like when my mouth ain't moving)? 😷   Good to have seen you, Kathy along with Mack, Al, Joanne  & so many more.  We have met many pretty cool alums and fans thru the decades, haven't we.  

Honestly, many of us OldTimers (?) thought we had died & were in our 1'st Day in Mean Green Heaven with all we witnessed on Game Day.    What a day!   And if not for a blocked field goal?  Oh well, life goes on.  I'm sure Coach Seth would have told his team it was a learning moment. 

GMG!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Jim also has a connection to Texas history.  He is a relative of Rachel Plummer.  She was captured in the raid on Fort Parker in 1836.  That is the raid where a 9 year old Cynthia Ann Parker was captured.  Cynthia became the mother of Quanah Parker.  So, talk to Jim and you are rubbing elbows with history.

If you connect the dots, he may also be related to Kevin Bacon....but that is just a rumor (that I started).

Edited by UNT86
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, UNT86 said:

Jim also has a connection to Texas history.  He is a relative of Rachel Plummer.  She was captured in the raid on Fort Parker in 1836.  That is the raid where a 9 year old Cynthia Ann Parker was captured.  Cynthia became the mother of Quanah Parker.  So, talk to Jim and you are rubbing elbows with history.

If you connect the dots, he may also be related to Kevin Bacon....but that is just a rumor (that I started).

I once saw Jim win a wrastling match with Bill Brasky.  After pummeling all of the 6'11" Bill six inches into the concrete matt, he finished the Cuervo bottle he had split with The Wren (who was officiating) and offered his sweat-free Mean Green pullover to the defeated Braskey.  The crowd was amped and Plum decided to DJ the rest of the night.  He put Gimme All Your Lovin' on repeat for 4 hours and I'll be damned if a single body wasn't dancing until the last beat.

The next day Plummer returned from his 72oz free lunch at The Big Texan in Amarillo to fix up the concrete from the previous day.

To PlummMeanGreen!

giphy.gif

• Haha 4
  • Ray 2

Jim and I got the opportunity to work together in the early 00's very briefly.  I had never met him before, and had no idea he was THE Jim Plummer, but after he introduced himself, I immediately blurted out "PLUMMMEANGREEN???".

His expression was "Oh brother...who is *this* weirdo..."  😄

But we quickly talked about UNT and how the MG were going to do, etc.

We also found out that we're probably related somewhere, as we both had relatives at Fort Parker in the early 1800's.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

You people crack me up!!!!!!!!!

They crack “YOU” up?!?! 😄 (It was just one key chain for heaven’s sake—-well, not just any key chain, of course).😊  Glad I had an extra one for untcampbell & which ever one of his lucky sons gets it. “WHAT A DAY TO BE US!” (Wren Baker)

And....How’s your “Cuzzin’ Guido” of Sicily, uh, Phil? 😳  (I always have to ask you that, of course).😇

GMG!

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

They crack “YOU” up?!?! 😄 (It was just one key chain for heaven’s sake—-well, not just any key chain, of course).😊  Glad I had an extra one for untcampbell & which ever one of his lucky sons gets it. “WHAT A DAY TO BE US!” (Wren Baker)

And....How’s your “Cuzzin’ Guido” of Sicily, uh, Phil? 😳  (I always have to ask you that, of course).😇

GMG!

Plum, "Cuzzin' Guido, is fine.  His close contacts tell me that you are "towing the line".  Good to hear that Plum.

• Haha 1