Easly Out For The Year

MGNation92

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I was afraid this was the news and hate it for this young man.  We are deep at RB, but none are the type of runner Easly was/is.  Time for Mr. Smith and Mr. Torrey to shine.

Hopefully we get to see some Evan Johnson too. He was solid last year and I think could still help us on offense.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

25 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

So after losing our true power back, I definitely think we're gonna go more pass heavy.

Get these guys out in space and let them work.

I think Deandre Torrey will be able to handle much of what Easly was doing and Smith is still and agile in-between-the-tackles runner. As far as the trucking ability goes, Torrey comes the closest.

This is bad. Really sad for LE himself. It was also particularly horrible because we really could have used him in quarter 4 on Saturday.

That said, in terms of the next game the timing isn't as bad as it could be, as UTEP should be the right opponent to test which RB can be the new workhorse. This is a challenge for all the remaining RBs to step up and stake a claim for a bigger role for themselves.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

Knowing his prior medical history, I suspected as much when he was helped off the field. The appearance of the leg was a giveaway. Prayers to you for rapid healing and rehabilitation, Mr. Easly.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

Oh boy 😞

I don't think any of us are surprised after the way he left the field.    Easly was the only guy that has been able to grind out a yard or two from nothing.    Time to see what else we have on the roster.   Wyche seemed to be a more balanced runner in the past.     And, we have 3 backs 6' or over and over 200 lbs on the roster (Hopkins, Doggett, Adebayo).   I am at least a little familiar with Hopkins.  I don't know a thing about the other 2.  

Smith and Torrey need some space to let their talent show.   I am not confident in either when a yard or two are needed on 3rd or 4th down.

Good luck Mr Easly.  Thanks for your contributions this year !

Edited by akriesman