Opening Line Vs UTEP

Talon90

12 hours ago, Talon90 said:

Finally an opening line for Saturday:

UNT -25.5. 

I assume this means Mason is playing.

Part of this is that UTEP has been very bad although what I saw from last weeks game, they are improving. Still bad though.

I don't think this includes much knowledge about Fines situation. Not even sure Vegas fully realized that.

Edited by outoftown
  • Lovely Take 1

27 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

If Mason is out this game I won't be surprised to see this spread plummet closer to UNT -10

Any QB we got the line doesnt move much IMO UTEP is awful.

24 minutes ago, untbowler said:

This would be the game to rest Fine and play Shanbour or Bean. 

Team needs Fine to be as healthy as possible for USM and UAB two-some coming up.

Why Bean vs Martin/Pearson??

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

This has been discussed on prior boards but with Direct TV scewing things up and Dropping BeIn Sports. How does one watch the game? 

Are you able to buy like a month subscription?

I know Alamo Draft House and John Williams are having a watching party but I was wanting to stream from mi casa

58 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Yeah that's odd.

I've seen several people on the board say "start Martin/Bean over Pearson/Shanbour" like those two don't exist and haven't been here longer....

I know why I'd prefer Bean over those two but I personally think Shanbour is plenty capable of taking us to El Paso and coming out with a Win.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, GMG24 said:

I know why I'd prefer Bean over those two but I personally think Shanbour is plenty capable of taking us to El Paso and coming out with a Win.  

Bean's running ability would definitely give us an added dimension. But I agree. Shanbour can throw it and is still faster than every other QB outside of Bean.

• Upvote 1

is Bean red shirting? If so, hes done for the year anyways per the first 4 rule. I agree though, Bean needs to play. Hope he's getting reps and not thinking about transferring. If Harrell can get him slingn' the ball around, that dude is going to be a problem for defenses.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, agw0038 said:

is Bean red shirting? If so, hes done for the year anyways per the first 4 rule. I agree though, Bean needs to play. Hope he's getting reps and not thinking about transferring. If Harrell can get him slingn' the ball around, that dude is going to be a problem for defenses.

Per the new redshirt rule, you can still redshirt after playing any 4 games in the season period, not necessarily the first 4 games. At least that's how I understand it

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, agw0038 said:

no he isn't you can play in any 4 games and still RS.

I know, but he is buried on the depth chart behind Fine, Shanbour, Pearson and Martin.  In fact, on the broadcast Saturday night, they showed Pearson hurriedly getting ready which surprised me because I thought it would be Shanbour.  Of course, those announcers sucked.

37 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Bean?  He isn't even listed on the depth chart.

beat me with a wet blanket, just had his name on my mind, forgot about the other guys outside of Shanbour. Shanbour would be the obvious choice but the back-ups do need to get some game reps if not RS.