Great Venue, Great Fans

BardDawg

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

We were well on our way to that.  You likely recognized it too since you were at Apogee.

credit your guys for not tolling over & exploiting a key injury.  That’s about as far as it goes.

Forgive us for rooting against you.  We’re trying to get back to the conference championship game.  Once you have 2 losses, I’ll cheer for you the rest of the way.

You were on your way to that, and we reversed it. A football game is a 4 quarter match. You dont get to extrapolate after one quarter.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

Thank you Bard.

La Tech is easily the best road trip from here.  After watching the Mean Green beat them on their homecoming last year we went into downtown Ruston to eat and met some of College football’s greatest fans.  

I highly encourage everyone who hasnt been to La Tech yet to plan for it next year.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

34 minutes ago, TexasDog said:

You were on your way to that, and we reversed it. A football game is a 4 quarter match. You dont get to extrapolate after one quarter.

Look, you’re in the wrong thread. Take this bullshit somewhere else and stop hijacking my perfectly amicable thread.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, TexasDog said:

I haven't personally met or seen any of those types of fans. It's difficult for most Tech fans to go on our message boards because the majority is so negative. I guess every fan base has fans with their noses in the air.

Unfortunate and true.  All team's have a couple.  Glad you enjoyed your trip to Denton.

3 hours ago, TexasDog said:

We saw a different game. I get it, you guys won, you’re happy.

Sucks that the “9 times out of 10” bit NT in the butt this time.  Won’t get another chance to prove it until next year in Ruston.

5 hours ago, Cerebus said:

@TexasDog Personally, I wish our fellow CUSA media teams would put better effort into elevating the conference.  For example, in the above Tweet, why not play the "Tech is underrated" card, rather than tear down another team?

The above headline will only reinforce any "CUSA is not worth our time" mantra from the national press.

• Lovely Take 1

6 hours ago, TexasDog said:

Congrats. Woulda, coulda, shoulda been better. Our top RB was out too. We simplified what we were doing after the first quarter and outscored you 23-6. We deserved the win, better in all three phases. Much more physical.

The way the game played out, yeah. I think honestly...our guys were high on how well they performed OOC and weren't ready to perform the same way in a close game. I was worried about 3 more on the schedule and this was possibly the biggest one. Hopefully the Dogs taught our guys the lesson they needed. Every game is huge but there were only 3 conference games I was worried about and hopefully the first one sucking gave the necessary development. Southern Miss and FAU will be coming hard for us just like you did. I think the ass stomping of the first 4 games may have done our guys a disservice against LaTech.

Bard, the same can be said for those in blue and red. As I was exiting the stadium I had quite a few LT fans pat me on the back and one guy even just spent a few minutes sharing his excitement with me - I obliged, as I have been lucky enough to have been there before. 

At the end of the day, we're all just putting on a colored shirt and supporting a school we attended and love. It's refreshing to see fans like this just enjoy the game and atmosphere of college football instead of getting tangled up in personal spats because "my school is better than your school, dipshit" 

Best of luck to the bulldogs the rest of the way.

10 hours ago, JesseMartin said:

The way the game played out, yeah. I think honestly...our guys were high on how well they performed OOC and weren't ready to perform the same way in a close game. I was worried about 3 more on the schedule and this was possibly the biggest one. Hopefully the Dogs taught our guys the lesson they needed. Every game is huge but there were only 3 conference games I was worried about and hopefully the first one sucking gave the necessary development. Southern Miss and FAU will be coming hard for us just like you did. I think the ass stomping of the first 4 games may have done our guys a disservice against LaTech.

Agree with this completely. If you go back to my score prediction before the game, it's essentially what I said. Had UNT played better competition in the first four, they likely would have been prepared for close/scrappy games and might not have made the mistakes that led to a loss. Who knows?

As I mentioned, I am not convinced that La Tech is better than UNT, but we were better last weekend. We might well lose to UAB this weekend and then everything is back in play.

• Upvote 1