Great Venue, Great Fans

BardDawg

This post title would be unimaginable 8 years ago (great venue) and significantly modified just a few years ago (great fan?). I have never been more proud of our stadium and fans than Saturday night. Well, except for the jerks sitting to my left in Section 110, Row 15. Always sad when cousins marry....sets the genetic wiring off for generations to follow. After the disappointment of the loss starts to fade, I am left with the realization that I spent the day hanging with 20 good friends and was surrounded by about 30,000 more folks with whom I would be good friends if any one of them were sitting in the seat next to me. We have North Texas in common, and that's enough.

Favorite tweet this game: "The blue lot is sold out." Extra money in our coffers that, it seems, the previous administration didn't need. 

GMG 

Edited by untcampbell
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

Good post Mr. Campbell except when you got to the last few words about the previous administration. We all need to realize that without the previous administration there would be no need for the blue lot as we still would not have had a new Apogee Stadium. Things have changed and the current administration is doing a great job. Perhaps it is time to be positive about where we are and to be thankful for all those that helped us get there. 

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Downvote 7

Others have tried to force the idea of a “Rivalry” with SMU & UTSA.  don’t get me wrong, I can’t stand either of them, but it wouldn’t hurt my feelings if we never saw them again.  

But Bard’s post is great. Respectful, and didn’t gloat as a winner.  THIS is the kinda rivalry I love.  Tech and UNT are similar type programs.  We beat them at home last year, they returned the favor.  I like that that they’re only 3 hours away, but it’s a different state.  Always nice people when I meet some of them.  This conference could use more Techs. 

Thanks Bard.  Congrats on your win.  We’ll see you down the road.  

Edited by trud1966
  • Upvote 6

We got beat by our equal. Tech band is the best to visit Denton - has a bit of SEC stands showmanship in them.

After the rage I reflect on one of the best September’s ever. Thank you MG.

hello October.

GMG

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, trud1966 said:

Others have tried to force the idea of a “Rivalry” with SMU & UTSA.  don’t get me wrong, I can’t stand either of them, but it wouldn’t hurt my feelings if we never saw them again.  

A major component of a rivalry is playing important games and  ripping each other's hearts out (not literally).   We are building that with La Tech.  SMU will always be a rivalry based on location but we could be building a real rivalry with La Tech. 

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

A major component of a rivalry is playing important games and  ripping each other's hearts out (not literally).   We are building that with La Tech.  SMU will always be a rivalry based on location but we could be building a real rivalry with La Tech. 

SMU and the rest of the "P6" will always demand that WE (CUSA) kiss the ring before they grant us the privilege of playing them on a regular basis. They act like a home and home is a favor to us. We know that the Tech/UNT rivalry will continue because we are in the same division, and that makes it all the more important, IMO.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, TexasDog said:

SMU and the rest of the "P6" will always demand that WE (CUSA) kiss the ring before they grant us the privilege of playing them on a regular basis. They act like a home and home is a favor to us. We know that the Tech/UNT rivalry will continue because we are in the same division, and that makes it all the more important, IMO.

There are those La Tech fans with the same attitude you describe towards other CUSA teams.  Those guys get old really fast. 

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

There are those La Tech fans with the same attitude you describe towards other CUSA teams.  Those guys get old really fast. 

I haven't personally met or seen any of those types of fans. It's difficult for most Tech fans to go on our message boards because the majority is so negative. I guess every fan base has fans with their noses in the air.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

We all need to pull for UAB so hard this weekend.

I think the real NT will show up in Birmingham, then we can let the tiebreakers decide unless LATech fumbles again (be a pal, would you UTSA &/or FAU?).

The road to the CCG is still there.  Just gonna need some help from our enemies.

I can see how they would think we're over-rated after the wheels fell off the train.   When we were at full strength, I guarantee they weren't thinking that (rather, down 21-6, likely thinking, "I hope we don't get run out of this stadium in the first half like they've been doing to everyone else").

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think the real NT will show up in Birmingham, then we can let the tiebreakers decide unless LATech fumbles again (be a pal, would you UTSA &/or FAU?).

The road to the CCG is still there.  Just gonna need some help from our enemies.

I can see how they would think we're over-rated after the wheels fell off the train.   When we were at full strength, I guarantee they weren't thinking that (rather, down 21-6, likely thinking, "I hope we don't get run out of this stadium in the first half like they've been doing to everyone else").

Right?

I hope UAB destroys them

7 minutes ago, TexasDog said:

BleedTechBlue is our rivals site. That was written by a beat writer, not by the team.

Secondly, I saw a ton of 28 point victory predictions on this board, that seems much more arrogant to me.

We were well on our way to that.  You likely recognized it too since you were at Apogee.

credit your guys for not tolling over & exploiting a key injury.  That’s about as far as it goes.

Forgive us for rooting against you.  We’re trying to get back to the conference championship game.  Once you have 2 losses, I’ll cheer for you the rest of the way.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Congrats. Woulda, coulda, shoulda been better. Our top RB was out too. We simplified what we were doing after the first quarter and outscored you 23-6. We deserved the win, better in all three phases. Much more physical.

• Downvote 2