North Texas Chant

Talon90

It was by far my favorite moment of the whole game. Definitely the loudest I've ever heard it in the 6 going on 7 years of every home game that I've been to. Even funnier was that this started completely on its own -- whenever the cheerleaders wanted to get it started during a timeout, everyone was too busy booing the refs for the 2-point conversion.

• Lovely Take 2

So awesome. From reading responses on twitter and other place, while people were disappointed with the loss they still had fun and were supportive. I think that's huge. The stands were still full even towards the end of the game. We're gaining some loyal fans. Keep winning, and this will keep happening. I don't think there will be a drastic drop off. Imagine this many people showing up every home game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

I still want this to get started after every score between the extra point and the team coming out for the kickoff. Automatically, after the cannon fires it starts. Maybe have scrappy stand on an elevated platform, do push-ups, then lead the chant?  

Also, we REALLY need to have something on the Jumbotron give people a clue to shut up when we line up on offense. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, dmaxel said:

everyone was too busy booing the refs for the 2-point conversion.

Mmmm, no, that’s not what kept them from doing it.  

They have absolutely NO sense of awareness or timing, and no way to signal without first being told to...run to pick up their little letters(Cause we don’t know the words unless they’re spelled for us🙄)..,...then run out on the field,....then get lined up so they don’t spell NTHRO SEXAT,...then get on someone’s shoulders,...then hope the wet blanket Tim Crouch doesn’t start yapping over them about nothing pertinent at that moment....and then the moment is gone..

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 4

10 hours ago, Rudy said:

Also, we REALLY need to have something on the Jumbotron give people a clue to shut up when we line up on offense. 

For real tho. I had folks beside me yelling as we were lining up to kick that last field goal. Turned to them to tell them to quiet down and they looked at me like I was an idiot.. 

I don't think we need to over-do this chant.  Definitely once per game, but not more than 3 times... it's just too much & becomes watered-down.

I think the way it happened, and how it happened was PERFECT.   The Defense absolutely fed off of it, and got a key stop.  The momentum absolutely swung back in our favor right there... but we lost it again later.

12 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

Yup...you’d think someone in the cheer leading group would think to themself..”Man how cool would it be if we could get that many voices started in an instant.......every time we needed it?”

😳👀😳👀😳

Rick

They tried to come out at a scripted time to get it going... unfortunately it was at the worst possible time because everyone in the stadium was watching the jumbotron to see if we actually tied the game or not.    Just terrible awareness.   No one was paying attention to them.   They tried anyway.  It failed.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

• 10 months later...

Here is another chant that might work, but it would take a bit of coordination. Both Notre Dame and Southern California used to chant "We are clap, clap, ND...or in the case of Southern Cal SC.  The chant would get faster and faster and louder and then their band would help end it.  We could do our North Texas chant but use "We are NT on one side, and the other side chants/answers "We are MEAN GREEN".

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1