I have something to say, so listen up!

DeepGreen

-We gave that game to LT

- Too much showboating by UNT players.  Cocky after a 4-0 start

- Mason Fine should not have finished that game.  He could barely walk.  Did the La Tech coaches think Fine could run on them?  No way.  Three man rush is all they really needed. The other 8 could defend the pass.

- I would have liked to see Quinn play the last 10 minutes

- Was Littrell trying to build up Fine’s stats for a Heisman run?

- Why did we try to field a punt at our 5?

- La Tech really wanted this game.   Did we think it would be handed to us?

- We should have run the ball even more the last qtr.

- Questionable play calling the last quarter

-  Great crowd

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Ray 7
  • Downvote 8

-We gave that game to LT

Tech played a hard, clean game.   But yes, the game was ours for the taking and we gave it away.

I didn't really notice this.  Not saying it didn't happen though.

- Mason Fine should not have finished that game.  He could barely walk.  Did the La Tech coaches think Fine could run on them?  No way.  Three man rush is all they really needed. The other 8 could defend the pass.

Personally, I don't think LT adjusted their D because Mason was limping.  I have seen Mason limping before and then break off a long run.

Is a healthy Quinn better than a limping Mason ?   There is no way to know for sure.  Your talking about replacing one of the most accurate passers in college football.    Unless I was missing something, I only saw Mason limping between plays, not during them.

- Was Littrell trying to build up Fine’s stats for a Heisman run?

Littrell was trying to win a very important football game.  Tech is probably the one team we could not lose to if we hope to play in the CUSA champtionship game this year.   I am sure that he asked Mason if he could go and Mason gave him an emphatic yes.

Yes, that was completely insane and probably cost us the game (but was just one of the many big, self-inflicted mistakes).

Tech looked dead in the water when it was 21-6.  Once we gave them life in the 2nd quarter,  they took advantage of it and hung on just enough to win the game.   The 2nd quarter fumbles, sacks and penalties were just disastrous.

The Easly injury was critical.    While Torrey and Smith have big play ability and are good change of pace backs, they can put us in a lot of 2nd or 3rd and longs, because they get stuffed too easily.  Our other RB's on the roster have not seen the field enough to rely on them in critical situations IMO.   Case in point, the key 3rd and 2 run below:

3rd & 2 at LT 29  (0:51 - 4th) Nic Smith run for no gain to the LaTch 29

This play and the resulting FG block was the nail in the coffin.   If we pick up that first down, we most likely win the game.

-  Great crowd

Hell yeah !

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

On 10/1/2018 at 1:10 PM, akriesman said:

-We gave that game to LT

Tech played a hard, clean game.   But yes, the game was ours for the taking and we gave it away.

I didn't really notice this.  Not saying it didn't happen though.

Personally, I don't think LT adjusted their D because Mason was limping.  I have seen Mason limping before and then break off a long run.

Is a healthy Quinn better than a limping Mason ?   There is no way to know for sure.  Your talking about replacing one of the most accurate passers in college football.    Unless I was missing something, I only saw Mason limping between plays, not during them.

- Was Littrell trying to build up Fine’s stats for a Heisman run?

Littrell was trying to win a very important football game.  Tech is probably the one team we could not lose to if we hope to play in the CUSA champtionship game this year.   I am sure that he asked Mason if he could go and Mason gave him an emphatic yes.

Yes, that was completely insane and probably cost us the game (but was just one of the many big, self-inflicted mistakes).

Tech looked dead in the water when it was 21-6.  Once we gave them life in the 2nd quarter,  they took advantage of it and hung on just enough to win the game.   The 2nd quarter fumbles, sacks and penalties were just disastrous.

The Easly injury was critical.    While Torrey and Smith have big play ability and are good change of pace backs, they can put us in a lot of 2nd or 3rd and longs, because they get stuffed too easily.  Our other RB's on the roster have not seen the field enough to rely on them in critical situations IMO.   Case in point, the key 3rd and 2 run below:

3rd & 2 at LT 29  (0:51 - 4th) Nic Smith run for no gain to the LaTch 29

This play and the resulting FG block was the nail in the coffin.   If we pick up that first down, we most likely win the game.

-  Great crowd

Hell yeah !

Regarding the celebrations, I saw one for sure that was clearly choreographed. That was annoying. 

Mason was not just limping between plays. The tv announcers even noted that it didn’t look like he was following through on his passes because he couldn’t fully put his weight on his front leg. The 10 yard passes were still on but he clearly could not heave it deep like that. 

• Downvote 1

13 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Regarding the celebrations, I saw one for sure that was clearly choreographed. That was annoying. 

Mason was not just limping between plays. The tv announcers even noted that it didn’t look like he was following through on his passes because he couldn’t fully put his weight on his front leg. The 10 yard passes were still on but he clearly could not heave it deep like that. 

Trust me, they want to win as bad as anyone here, and put in a hell of a lot more work towards that goal. As long as they aren’t drawing a flag for it, let the players enjoy playing the game and celebrating with their teammates.

A gimpy Mason, with the adrenaline that he has during a game, is the best option we have at QB, particularly in the fourth quarter of a key conference matchup.

• Upvote 2