133 members have voted

1. 1. Why did we lose against LA Tech?

• They were just the better team
    • Blocked FG
    • Missed FG
    • Bad call on the 2 pt. conversion
    • Bad playing calling/coaching
    • Defensive penalties that extended their drives
    • Didn't take care of the ball; turnovers, dropped passes, and botched punt returns
    • We jinixed ourselves by un-retiring number 75

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/02/2018 at 12:03 AM

13 minutes ago, NT93 said:

All of the above (except 1 and 8 )

Agreed. LA Tech was not better, they just wanted it more, and that makes this loss a hard pill to swallow.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I voted for #7, but agree with Side Show that LATech seemed to want it more after the first quarter. We came out on fire, built a quick margin, and started to celebrate. BTW, sideline celebrations (especially that early in the game) really piss me off. We palpably lost our edge.  My father's old saying rang loudly in my ears..."The dog that shits fast don't shit long!".

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

I see that turnovers is currently leading.

The problem is that yes it is the player's responsibility to not make turnovers, but it is BAD COACHING to even try to field that punt at the end of the half.  Other than that play, we only had 1 turnover.

I have seen this comment a lot, yet how do fans know what the coaching staff did.  They could have told the returner not to touch the ball unless it is a short kick.   Speculation but so is it is the coaches fault.  

I guess it was the coaches fault that NT got so many untimely and questionable called penalties too.   

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

I have seen this comment a lot, yet how do fans know what the coaching staff did.  They could have told the returner not to touch the ball unless it is a short kick.   Speculation but so is it is the coaches fault.  

I guess it was the coaches fault that NT got so many untimely and questionable called penalties too.   

NOT SPECULATION. The mere fact that a returner was back there is enough proof (unless we had a rouge player go out as a returner against coaches orders). 

It's a punt, we don't need to touch it at all.  It's worth even the unlikely event that they down it at the 1 to not even go near the ball.

The only valid deep person would have been a safety watching for a fake.

The other coaches decisions can be argued (deep pass and other play calls, etc.) but even if they won't admit publicly, the staff has to be kicking themselves for letting it happen. 

Edited by meaniegreenie
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, meaniegreenie said:

I see that turnovers is currently leading.

The problem is that yes it is the player's responsibility to not make turnovers, but it is BAD COACHING to even try to field that punt at the end of the half.  Other than that play, we only had 1 turnover.

Yes...but we have fans that don't want to be a meanie greenie as they should. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

I understand a lot of fans have a mural of Saint Littrell and what not...But blame here falls at the feet of coaching. No way to sugar coat it. I guess I commend the attempt. 

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

31 minutes ago, TIgreen01 said:

I’m pretty sure I jinxed the team by claiming that Mason Fine is better than Baker Mayfield, and that he would prove it last night while on a good tailgate rant to a t-shirt OU fan before the game.  Where is that option?

Greatness

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TIgreen01 said:

I’m pretty sure I jinxed the team by claiming that Mason Fine is better than Baker Mayfield, and that he would prove it last night while on a good tailgate rant to a t-shirt OU fan before the game.  Where is that option?

I think that plus Harry bringing up an undefeated season a couple of weeks ago on the podcast pretty much sealed our fate. Thanks guys.

• Ray 1

No need for a poll. There's more than enough blame to go around. It was a very sloppy performance by Offense, Defense, ST and coaching. The TEAM including the coaches lost this as a group. LA Tech wanted it more and was willing to do what it took to win. We weren't. 

LA Tech is a good team - you can't laydown on a good team and win.