Crowd Cheering Pre-Snap on Offense

Mean Green Matt

9 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

And FYI. When the players on the field are waving their arms down. That means “please be quiet” 

our crowd got louder. 

🤦🏼‍♂️

It looked like an "Eagles" move at first.  People figured it out pretty quick, though.

11 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I happened to be down in line getting a drink during the 2-pt conversion, so I watched it on TV.   It appeared (and Dave Barnett even mentioned it in a surprised voice) that Mason was purposefully pumping UP the crowd, not trying to quiet us down.  Very odd.

His palms were down pushing toward the ground rather than Palm up lifting to the air. He also looked incredibly frustrated when things got louder. My point is we should be proactive in preventing this in the future. 

12 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I happened to be down in line getting a drink during the 2-pt conversion, so I watched it on TV.   It appeared (and Dave Barnett even mentioned it in a surprised voice) that Mason was purposefully pumping UP the crowd, not trying to quiet us down.  Very odd.

I saw this same thing on TV. How high Mason's arms got made it look like he was trying to get the crowd pumped up. Maybe he doesn't try that again. 

On 9/30/2018 at 3:55 PM, UNT 90 Grad said:

I was disappointed to see a former Mean Green player trying to start the North Texas chant in section 106 as the offense was taking the field after a TV timeout.  

Seriously??? This "former Mean Green player" needs to be called out... Just kidding, we're having fun here. Glad they made it to the game and were cheering. Maybe they just need a little "coaching"...

Edited by ntsumgspe
Additional comments added

After the rage this thread is funny. 

We really do have a large coming fan base learning on the fly. I want to put the cheerleaders through fan camp led by Firefighting Rick. The mean green letters are too complicated and nobody really knows what to do. With the wing zone full like Saturday you could do U - students N - wing zone T - alumni. UNLV does this in all 4 corners during basketball. Or even Go Mean Green!!!!!