Crowd Cheering Pre-Snap on Offense

Mean Green Matt

5 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

...is embarrassing. I appreciate the enthusiasm, but when, at home, our QB has to flail his arms trying to quiet the crowd (on a crucial 2 point conversion no less) and the crowd gets even louder, that gets to the point of being detrimental. If we need to play a pregame video reminding the crowd of proper offense cheering etiquette, so be it. 

Agreed.  Apparently there are some fans that need a remedial class or two on this aspect of home field advantage.  

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

50 minutes ago, Mean Green Fan4Life said:

That comes with the inexperience of many fans.  It's part of our overall growth process.  As we experience more success, they will learn the nuances of etiquette. 

I agree. Our fans are not accustomed to winning so I think they do not quite know what to do yet. They will learn. They will learn that when the opposing teams offense is on the field is when you won't to crank it up so loud that you wake up people sleeping in Fort Worth. Then when the offense is on the field and needs it to be quiet that we should be so quiet that you can hear a rat piss on cotton. Well maybe that's too quiet, but you get the point.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Hell the Cheerleaders used to push for it cheering mostly on offense.

Seems like we now need a 101 course for our fanbase on how to cheer and have it lead by the cheerleaders. 

We all saw and heard what we’ve known for a while now,...since the opener vs Houston to be exact,... just how damn loud Apogee can get when our voices are unified in chant.  The NORTH TEXAS chant is very affective but once or twice a game, and random at best isn’t cutting it.

Which then begs the question:  WTF good are the cheerleaders?  it’s unreal how useless they are.

We need a quick-signaled unified chant.  Not that bs of running out with letters spelling MEAN GREEN.

God I can’t believe we can’t solve this problem?????

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, Mean Green Matt said:

...is embarrassing. I appreciate the enthusiasm, but when, at home, our QB has to flail his arms trying to quiet the crowd (on a crucial 2 point conversion no less) and the crowd gets even louder, that gets to the point of being detrimental. If we need to play a pregame video reminding the crowd of proper offense cheering etiquette, so be it. 

SERIOUSLy.  Why don’t we do that?!?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

We all saw and heard what we’ve known for a while now,...since the opener vs Houston to be exact,... just how damn loud Apogee can get when our voices are unified in chant.  The NORTH TEXAS chant is very affective but once or twice a game, and random at best isn’t cutting it.

Which then begs the question:  WTF good are the cheerleaders?  it’s unreal how useless they are.

We need a quick-signaled unified chant.  Not that bs of running out with letters spelling MEAN GREEN.

God I can’t believe we can’t solve this problem?????

Rick

When we kick off...

Everyone starts a low roar of  "Noooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrth" building into a crescendo up to the point the ball is kicked and then everyone yells " TEXAS!!"

It's just that simple. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I was disappointed to see a former Mean Green player trying to start the North Texas chant in section 106 as the offense was taking the field after a TV timeout.  

Was it him trying to start the chant or was it the Bud Light??🤩🤩

6 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:

And FYI. When the players on the field are waving their arms down. That means “please be quiet” 

our crowd got louder. 

🤦🏼‍♂️

Yeah I facepalmed this too. But I think to the untrained fan eye from far away and up higher, it may look a lot like what the players do when they want the fans to yell on 3rd downs. Maybe if they help up 1 finger in front of their mouths to signal for quiet, that may be a better motion. 

10 minutes ago, Moobs said:

Yeah I facepalmed this too. But I think to the untrained fan eye from far away and up higher, it may look a lot like what the players do when they want the fans to yell on 3rd downs. Maybe if they help up 1 finger in front of their mouths to signal for quiet, that may be a better motion. 

It shouldn't, but it really did look like the student side did mis-interpret this since they did start getting LOUDER as they were doing it.

• Lovely Take 1

1 hour ago, meaniegreenie said:

It shouldn't, but it really did look like the student side did mis-interpret this since they did start getting LOUDER as they were doing it.

Bless their hearts.  Unfortunately it is the exact same gesture made during the fight song.  Maybe they just thought Mason was summoning the Eagles.