the green brigade

drex

21 hours ago, drex said:

Four songs and a fire drill.  

....and most of the songs are lame and very much beneath the integrity of the school of music. 

18 hours ago, TripleGrad said:

Honestly, I think the GB is too big to be interesting on the field.  

Totally agree. Only instead of big, I prefer "bloated".

• Ray 1
  • Downvote 3

Maybe I'm easy to please, but I thought the band did a great job Saturday night.  They were loud and helped fire up the crowd on 3rd downs. 

It would be cool if we could figure out how to tell our crowd to shut-up on 4th downs when we're going for it.  Maybe they could play something to stifle the crowd like they do to bring an end to the 'North - Texas' chant?

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

You try getting a majority of people who only care about music and have traditionally loathed athletics through the years (especially from the Leadership of the department) to suddenly change their minds...

Its not how that works here. 

Sorry, you can go ahead and just shut it. Our Dean attends every game (check his Twitter), and a large contingent of COM faculty and staff were at the game Saturday.

• Upvote 3

Good grief.   Y'all want something to be mad at, but feel like you can't be mad at the team...  I get it. Understandable.

But the Green Brigade is full of amazing fans, and I thought they did a great job.

And if you're "tired of Mickey Mouse"... I'm sorry, but you're going to hear it (along with other Disney songs) at least 3 more times this year, because that's their halftime show this season.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, Christopher Walker said:

Sorry, you can go ahead and just shut it. Our Dean attends every game (check his Twitter), and a large contingent of COM faculty and staff were at the game Saturday.

Then ask your bosses and colleague to make the GB look and act like they care about being there. You know, like every other f’ing band at a college football game.

#olddenton#resistance

• Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 6