Injuries

largekfcbucket

1 minute ago, NorthTexan95 said:

In his post game press conference Seth said he wasn't going to talk about injuries. 

The good news is that probably means no one is ruled out for the season ... yet.   

Did he talk about coaching and calling plays? Catching punts? Personally showing emotion on the sideline, once? Telling your returner not to catch a pooch punt at the 5 or AT ALL with 30 secs to go? Being generally incompetent tonight? 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 8

1 minute ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Did he talk about coaching and calling plays? Catching punts? Personally showing emotion on the sideline, once? Telling your returner not to catch a pooch punt at the 5 or AT ALL with 30 secs to go? Being generally incompetent tonight? 

Here.  You can watch it yourself.

However, he shows plenty of emotion on the sideline.  Tonight on television you heard him yell at the ref "That's a bull-**it call!" after the holding call on Bussey.  Anyone who's watched the BTG episodes knows that Seth shows plenty of emotion on the sideline ... positive and anger. 

• Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1

one thing I did notice in this game was the "routine" celebrations on both sides of the ball.  Have not seen this until this game.  Maybe if the players would worry less about their there rehearsed celebration and more time studying the game plan we might have done better.  We are losing our discipline on the field. I think the players were starting to believe their own hype and overlooked our opponent last night.  Could we beat LaTech of course but we lost that chance last night. 

One thing I found strange about the game last night that was different last year is last years team always thought we could win no matter how dire the situation.  We got down in this game and mood on the sideline did not look the same.  

I know I am Monday morning this but in the games where we let the backups play why not let the backup quarterbacks throw the ball more for practice in game situations.  I know Seth does not want to run the score up but we need a backup who is ready to play.  When Quinn comes in it has been Quinn run, Quinn run.  I think I remember him throwing the ball once.  Mason was hurt last night and Quinn is more mobile but I guess Seth does not think he can run the offense unless we have a lead and all we are doing is running the ball.  

I think we should let Mason sit out this weeks game to recover.  Poor guy took a beating last night.  We will face the LaTech defensive game plan in the rest of the games.  Come after Mason with everything they got.  Mason is what drives our defense. Quinn can start and if needed Mason can come off the bench.  

I saw Latech offensive lineman drag our player so the ground and it was holding all the way.  The refs missed it or decided to ignore it but it was a bad one which would have brought a pass back to the 45.

Disappointed sure because we had no room for loss if we expected to get to a good bowl game.

Have to give LaTech credit they wanted it more than us.  Oh well, we will have to be beaten by FAU once this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Eppie96 said:

Fine should not have played after his injury- he was obviously in pain out there and could not run.  It is not worth the possibility of worsening the injury and being without him for 4-6 weeks.  

Agreed - I hope Fine doesn't miss too much time, but we'll see.  He was obviously in a lot of pain.

The Easly injury looked really bad....

We may be limping through the next 4+ games... it will be really tough.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenWithEnvy said:

I hope I’m wrong, I deeply hope I’m wrong, but I think we will hear the following tomorrow: Fine, 2-4 weeks; Easly, season. I missed Kemon’s injury, but I’d guess he’s day-to-day.

He was hurt either late 1st/early 2nd quarter.  Remained on the sideline for the rest of the 1st half.  Came back out in the 3rd quarter (poor Cam was getting picked on, real bad).  1st play from scrimmage, LATech goes his way.  He makes the tackle & leaves the game in agony, this time for good.

I thought Jordan Roberts played well when they finally replaced Johnson with him.  But neither of those guys are on Kemon’s level.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NT91 said:

Hamstring?

That’s what it looked like to me. The way he grabbed at his leg and the way he was hobbling around in the 4th quarter looked a lot like a grade 2 strain. I was surprised he remained in the game and I was very concerned for his health. 

Edited by MeanGreenWithEnvy

38 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He was hurt either late 1st/early 2nd quarter.  Remained on the sideline for the rest of the 1st half.  Came back out in the 3rd quarter (poor Cam was getting picked on, real bad).  1st play from scrimmage, LATech goes his way.  He makes the tackle & leaves the game in agony, this time for good.

I thought Jordan Roberts played well when they finally replaced Johnson with him.  But neither of those guys are on Kemon’s level.

I thought Roberts was one of the few really big surprises last night.  He seemed to gain confidence the more he was out there.    He is a player to watch going forward.  Also thought Bryce English showed up big time...so much so that they replaced Tua with him eventually.

Easly would have been another bright spot. Huge loss there.  He was fun to watch last night.  Really, really physical.  That last TD drive we had he was running like beast mode.

Edited by TIgreen01
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

The injuries were key in our loss last night. Kemon Hall going down was probably the biggest. EJ Ejiya was in and out as well. Mason limping and Easly going down may have been the biggest blow of all because it could be season ending. It was a brutal game for us. Hopefully these guys can recover.

• Upvote 2

I hope I'm wrong.  But, I'm afraid it's not good news for Easley.  On the other hand, I think Mason could be ok.  His onfield demeanor reminded me of a similar injury of mine during my playing days.  I'm optimistically saying it was a clean tear of his plantar fasciitis.  While painful, he could still play and not cause additional injury.  Why else risk him being on the field at that point?