Attendance

DeepGreen

6 hours ago, meangreenlax said:

I think a lot of people got a taste of what big time CFB is like, and it tasted delicious. 

One million percent this. Big time football games are a thing in Denton now. We're not going to win them all. Be thankful that our toughest opponent this year gave us a HELL of a game and not a 38 point ass whooping in Boca. 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, largekfcbucket said:

One million percent this. Big time football games are a thing in Denton now. We're not going to win them all. Be thankful that our toughest opponent this year gave us a HELL of a game and not a 38 point ass whooping in Boca. 

Our "toughest opponent this year" paid us $1million to come to their house and wax them while gaining national attention for our creativity.

Arkansas would annihilate LATech. 

We were annihilating LATech until the friggin wheels fell off (re: Kemon injury, dumb penalties & turnovers)

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Thanks 3

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think you may be saying that because of the 2 different outcomes between our games.

If LATech lined up with Arkansas in Fayetteville next week, it would be something like 40 - 20: Arkansas.

Eh, I disagree, but it's kind of a moot point. It's okay to lose a heartbreaker once in a while. Happens to everyone. 

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think you may be saying that because of the 2 different outcomes between our games.

If LATech lined up with Arkansas in Fayetteville next week, it would be something like 40 - 20: Arkansas.

If LT played against the Ark team from 3 wks ago, it would be an LT victory.  That Arky team was in total disarray.  I think a lot of what was inflicted by our D against them, LT would do as well.

Just now, meaniegreenie said:

If LT played against the Ark team from 3 wks ago, it would be an LT victory.  That Arky team was in total disarray.  I think a lot of what was inflicted by our D against them, LT would do as well.

If Kemon Hall went down in the Arkansas game, that's 2 INTs (including a pick6) off the board.   Not to mention the passes defended and coverage he provided.   That would have been a much different game.

I know I'm beating a dead horse on Kemon's injury, but it was the real catastrophe of the game. 
Not the Hedlund miss, not the blocked kick, not the penalties, not the fumbles.  Because with Hall for the entirety of the game, we're still able to recover from those penalties, but LA Tech is not going to move the ball like they did when we lost Hall

• Lovely Take 1

6 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If Kemon Hall went down in the Arkansas game, that's 2 INTs (including a pick6) off the board.   Not to mention the passes defended and coverage he provided.   That would have been a much different game.

I know I'm beating a dead horse on Kemon's injury, but it was the real catastrophe of the game
Not the Hedlund miss, not the blocked kick, not the penalties, not the fumbles.  Because with Hall for the entirety of the game, we're still able to recover from those penalties, but LA Tech is not going to move the ball like they did when we lost Hall

I agree.  I thought LaTech did a great job of exploiting the injury.  

Edited by NT93
  • Sad 1

On 9/30/2018 at 1:18 AM, NM Green said:

In true North Texas fashioner tuebedvawsy thousands of fans for the rest of the year. .

I'm just impressed that NM Green, after having such a long exhausting day, still found the energy late at night to invent the word "tuebedvawsy".

• Haha 1

As good as he is, I don't believe that Hall's injury was the most critical loss in this game.  Cam Johnson came in and got six solo tackles which is as good as any DB has done this year.  

The most critical mistake/injury was the muffed punt.  With only 38 seconds to go in the half, why do you take a chance of fielding a punt on your six yard line?  As it turned out, six seconds later they had a lead which we could never overcome.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 4

If the atmosphere remains 25K is easily reachable if the team takes care of business. Obviously if Easley is likely done for the year it will be much tougher but Fine and Shanbour can still lead this team. USM and UAB will be tough but imagine going into the Rice Homecoming game at 7-1, expect 30K there and then Thursday Night against FAU could be huge.

Had a great time and me and the wife are hoping we can find a way to get to more games, sooner rather than later.

7 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

As good as he is, I don't believe that Hall's injury was the most critical loss in this game.  Cam Johnson came in and got six solo tackles which is as good as any DB has done this year.  

The most critical mistake/injury was the muffed punt.  With only 38 seconds to go in the half, why do you take a chance of fielding a punt on your six yard line?  As it turned out, six seconds later they had a lead which we could never overcome.

When your corners are tackling... it means their man caught the ball.  Not good.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1