Attendance

DeepGreen

Crowd was fantastic and for the most part stayed for the entire game.  LaTech traveled well.  It’s always so much better when the opponent brings their band.  Hopefully enough people who hadn’t been to a game in a while were entertained enough to make a return visit.  This team deserves it.  

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

The casaul unt is very easily swayed not to come to games. We had a great crowed and could have kept 30k+ crowds coming.  I am afraid we blew it.  Going undeafted hype was what got people coming to the games. That is gone now. I don't expect 22k for our next home game not UAB.  Sorry I forgot Google has our schedule backwards.  

Edited by mgfan
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, mgfan said:

The casaul unt is very easily swayed not to come to games. We had a great crowed and could have kept 30k+ crowds coming.  I am afraid we blew it.  Going undeafted hype was what got people coming to the games. That is gone now. I don't expect 22k for UAB.  

I expect 0 for UAB. 22K for Southern Miss...If we're lucky. It will be a let down crowd for sure. This team has undefeated talent. This staff has 1 loss talent...as of now. 

• Downvote 9

WE LOST BY TWO POINTS ON A LAST SECOND FIELD GOAL BLOCK. The game was entertaining to the very last play and UNT looked like the more dominant team. Had FIne been 100% healthy that 4th quarter then I have no doubt the offense would've done what they usually do. Nobody is going to be mad about that or stop going to games because of it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, NTXAlum2016 said:

WE LOST BY TWO POINTS ON A LAST SECOND FIELD GOAL BLOCK. The game was entertaining to the very last play and UNT looked like the more dominant team. Had FIne been 100% healthy that 4th quarter then I have no doubt the offense would've done what they usually do. Nobody is going to be mad about that or stop going to games because of it. 

tenor.gif?itemid=3464821

• Downvote 1

Of course, all of this talk is mute if we don't fumble the punt on our own 10 yard line and give them an easy TD right before the half. That decided the game right there. We made too many mistakes and they didn't make any.

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

Just now, NT93 said:

This!  I believe I'm correct in saying LaTech had only one penalty and zero turnovers.  They played a flawless game and yet we still had a chance to win. 

I hate the outcome, but if a person wouldn't want to come to another game like tonights then they just don't like football.  That was a great game in a great atmosphere.

Have you had a conversation with your normal run of the mill UNT student in the last year or two? I have. And I can say, from my very small sample size, they aren't the biggest fans of football. Like, they will never be die hard dudes or donors. Haven't ran into any, actually. So, losing will push them back into the art studio or scarf weaving seminar. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2