Good energy in the stadium tonight

TripleGrad

I took the wife to her first game at Apogee.  We were in 102 right on the goal line.  The energy in the stadium was nice and high (except during the late 2nd/early 3rd quarters).  For an old Eagle, this type of experience is all new.

Sure, we lost -- but the crowd was yuge and really into this game.  Hopefully that will stay the same going into the rest of the season.

(BTW -- that side judge was an idiot  😉 )

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

We gained back the momentum we lost in the 2nd quarter when the NORTH -TEXAS chant broke out organically (the first time) in the 4th Quarter.  The best I’ve ever heard it sound... ever.  Amazing.

100% agree!!  I looked at my buddy after the chant and we both agreed, “That was AWESOME!”

8 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

We gained back the momentum we lost in the 2nd quarter when the NORTH -TEXAS chant broke out organically (the first time) in the 4th Quarter.  The best I’ve ever heard it sound... ever.  Amazing.

Gave me chills. Can’t shake the opportunity we lost though. 

Unfortunately a little too much energy at times when UNT was on offense.  I felt bad for Mason on the play when we scored the last touchdown.  Such a face palm moment when he was trying to quiet the crowd and they just got louder.  You then saw him complaining to the coaches about it after the TD.  Happened again on the two point try .

• Lovely Take 1

1 minute ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

Unfortunately a little too much energy at times when UNT was on offense.  I felt bad for Mason on the play when we scored the last touchdown.  Such a face palm moment when he was trying to quiet the crowd and they just got louder.  You then saw him complaining to the coaches about it after the TD.  Happened again on the two point try .

Mason should be complaining to his coach for chasing points in the 3rd quarter. OR calling run plays into 8 man boxes. Or pass plays into dime. Or screens into nickel. Or basically refusing to run the ball with any real consistency. There are many other pertinent things he could be running over there complaining to his coaches about rather than a big crowd getting accidentally excited about a big play. 

We were out coached tonight. 

On offense...we got back yard balled. ALL hitch OR ALL streak with the token run play sprinkled in. And it worked. They either Moss'd out corners or got bailed out on bullshit flags (1st half). But that was their game plan and they stuck to it. They saw our corners as a a weakness and decided to attack.