Not that impressed

meangreanmick

13 minutes ago, meangreanmick said:

La Tech wasn’t as good as I thought,  they will lose a game or 2.  They play FAU and W Kentucky, those are easily losses for them.  UTSA will be an issue for them as will UAB.   We handed this to them.  

If it had been up to our defense, we would have won.  We got beat on offense, special teams, and coaching.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, eulessismore said:

If it had been up to our defense, we would have won.  We got beat on offense, special teams, and coaching.

I thought there were two phantom pass interference calls on us so we got beat on the officiating battle too.  At least it looked that way from my vantage point.  

• Ray 1

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 11:46 PM, keith said:

I thought there were two phantom pass interference calls on us so we got beat on the officiating battle too.  At least it looked that way from my vantage point.  

Our DB's didn't make any attempt to look back for the ball.  If we were on offense and didn't get the calls I'd be ticked.. 

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, NM Green said:

La tech will play FAU for the championship.  We f’ed it up tonight. Maybe one year. 

FAU lost to MTSU tonight. They have definitely taken a step back. After tonight, La Tech is the fav from the West....Not sure how I see them lose 2 conference games given the status of the conference. 

I think Marshall might come out of the East. 

I honestly think that LaTech is better than any other team remaining on their schedule, just like I believe we are better than any team we have played so far or will play, but this is football and you can be beaten any given Saturday. I mean did anyone honestly believe Old Dominion would beat Va Tech after being walloped by Liberty? Did anyone believe Texas would actually beat TCU? That just goes to show that LaTech could lose two more games in the west and we could be back in the driver's seat if we play like we are capable of playing. They have Rice, UTSA, USM, and UAB remaining in the west and none of those will be easy. All of those teams have the capability to beat them if they play well especially USM and UAB. UTSA will be tough in San Antonio and Rice will not just rollover for them. We are okay. We got punched in the mouth last night. How you respond to that is what will tell if we are building champions. We will be okay.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Venson said:

I honestly think that LaTech is better than any other team remaining on their schedule, just like I believe we are better than any team we have played so far or will play, but this is football and you can be beaten any given Saturday. I mean did anyone honestly believe Old Dominion would beat Va Tech after being walloped by Liberty? Did anyone believe Texas would actually beat TCU? That just goes to show that LaTech could lose two more games in the west and we could be back in the driver's seat if we play like we are capable of playing. They have Rice, UTSA, USM, and UAB remaining in the west and none of those will be easy. All of those teams have the capability to beat them if they play well especially USM and UAB. UTSA will be tough in San Antonio and Rice will not just rollover for them. We are okay. We got punched in the mouth last night. How you respond to that is what will tell if we are building champions. We will be okay.

UTEP is in for a shit storm next week. Our team is going to go to El Paso with a chip on their shoulders and run Mike Canales out of the press box. 

• Upvote 1

La Tech is definitely the best team in the west.

I was impressed with how our offense moved. Unimpressed with the fumbles and special teams.

We clearly had the ability, firepower and defense to blow them out, but made too many individual mistakes at critical points. Especially on special teams. We did not maximize our abilities on a few plays. When you play good teams, that will kill you.

Just a very disappointing loss, but I am overall pretty pleased with the ability and potential. Just need to clean it up.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1