Credit to La Tech

El Paso Eagle

Have to give them credit. They kept going and make field goals and continued moving the ball and doing what they had to.  You know everyone’s always talking about how we should strive to be like Houston or Boise State,  however you have to credit Louisiana Tech, year after year they perform well.  I would be happy being a successful as they are. 

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 10
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 6

I am split on this. UNT clearly shot itself in the foot time and time again and still almost won.

La-tech however played an extremely clean game. No turnovers, made all of their FGs (there were 5 of them!). They did have more penalties than were called, but for the most part they played clean.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

They won and we lost no excuses.  They came to our party and pooped in our punch bowl.  We made some mistakes but that is part of the game.  Hope Mason is ok he took a beating and I hope Easly did not injure his leg again.  Number sixteen I hope he can come back because number 11 seems to get burned a lot.

Sadly if we win out we will be in a crummy bowl game again.  We had no room for error if wanted to get to a good bowl game. We could possibly lose 3 more games this year.  We looked very average tonight.

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 3

There are legit excuses a mile long as to why NT didn’t win tonight.

Kemon Hall leaving the game & being replaced with Cam Johnson was a HUGE factor in the miraculous appearance of their offense.  The Easly fumble & Darden’s muff... can’t do that.  Ejiya going in & out of the game with whatever injury he was dealing with, Fine...?, Easly’s career is over.  The 2-pt conversion that looked good on the Jumbotron replay, Hedlind’s missed kick, the block...

I feel like the entire game changed on one play:  The Ejiya late hit in the 2nd quarter.

Up 21-9, we sack Smith to bring up 4th & a million. We force the punt, with momentum already firmly on our side & likely go score again, but... flag.  They get the auto 1st down & the entire Stadium goes flat.  They go down & score a TD after a PI penalty that removed all momentum.  LA Tech siezed every opportunity as our dudes kept making bone-headed plays, or were dropping like flies.  

Not impressed with J’Mar Smith at all.  He had probably 7-8 more completions & 2 TDs if he were anywhere near as accurate as Fine.

I am really not the kind of guy that says,”The better team lost...”, but, I’ll be durned if tonight, the better team lost.  

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Felozano said:

They nickel and dimed us until they had the chance to go ahead.  They capitalized on our mistakes. We need to be better next game.  I know we will. GMG!

Yes, they played the classic on the road "hang in there and try and pull it out in the end" game, but in reality we plain and simply gave it to them.

• Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, risinggreen said:

Yes, they played the classic on the road "hang in there and try and pull it out in the end" game, but in reality we plain and simply gave it to them.

Yeah. 21-9 when they scored their first TD.   We made too many mistakes against a good team. We still had our chances, but we blew it. 

• Upvote 2

Heartbreaking loss but I’m still a die hard Mean Green Fan. AND maybe this is a little Seth Littrell security. I know we’ll reset this week and get ready for next week. 

We made some mistakes for sure that need to be corrected. Even with that said I’m disappointed in the officiating tonight. 

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Kemon Hall leaving the game & being replaced with Cam Johnson was a HUGE factor in the miraculous appearance of their offense.  The Easly fumble & Darden’s muff... can’t do that.  Ejiya going in & out of the game with whatever injury he was dealing with, Fine...?, Easly’s career is over.  The 2-pt conversion that looked good on the Jumbotron replay, Hedlind’s missed kick, the block...

I feel like the entire game changed on one play:  The Ejiya late hit in the 2nd quarter.

Up 21-9, we sack Smith to bring up 4th & a million. We force the punt, with momentum already firmly on our side & likely go score again, but... flag.  They get the auto 1st down & the entire Stadium goes flat.  They go down & score a TD after a PI penalty that removed all momentum.  LA Tech siezed every opportunity as our dudes kept making bone-headed plays, or were dropping like flies.  

Not impressed with J’Mar Smith at all.  He had probably 7-8 more completions & 2 TDs if he were anywhere near as accurate as Fine.

I am really not the kind of guy that says,”The better team lost...”, but, I’ll be durned if tonight, the better team lost.  

I couldn’t agree more!

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

All sounds about right. I saw his knee in an ice wrap while on crutches, but I really hope you’re wrong about Easly. 

The late hit on the QB the extended a drive that ended in a FG and the Darden muffed punt cost this game.  The Darden muff particularly sticks in my craw because you are trying to make play.  What is the difference between having the ball on your own 5 yard line or the 3 yard line with 1:00 left in the half?   I really wanted him benched for the rest of the game.  Just to send a message that mistakes in effort to make plays are okay.  But brain dead decisions that put your teammates in bad positions aren't okay.