Loss is on the Coaches

meangreenacct

I told my wife when it was 21-6 that I didn’t like this. The team has had 4 blowout wins and more publicity than the program has ever seen. They likely got a little too charged up and started believing the hype, even if just for a moment. The small lapse in focus that the coaches are always referring to finally happened and ended up biting us in the end. 

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, meangreenlax said:

Am I the only one who hates how Mason was allowed on the field when he couldn’t take a single unencumbered step?

You can praise the guts of the kid but the bottom line is that you cant be effective when you can’t walk.  

Poor leadership on the part of the coaches 

And then when some of us had mentioned in the past at Mason should be rested and get more rep for the back ups we get blasted. What this tells me is that when it’s crunch time the coaches really don’t have faith in Quinn.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, meangreenlax said:

Am I the only one who hates how Mason was allowed on the field when he couldn’t take a single unencumbered step?

You can praise the guts of the kid but the bottom line is that you cant be effective when you can’t walk.  

Yea - that’s mostly what I was talking about. He couldn’t execute the playbook in that state and so LA Tech could key on the run game.

18 minutes ago, Silent Eagle said:

The celebrations after the touchdowns really pissed me off. Started acting like we were Miami. This needs a heavy, heavy response from the coaches. 

I believe it was the great Emmett Smith who once said act like you’ve been there and you’re going to be there again 

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, meangreenlax said:

and if he ends up leading us to a game winning touchdown everyone is on here saying its the best thing since Willis Reed and calling for his statue to be next to go up.

sports brings out the dumbest in all of us. 

• Upvote 11
  • Ray 1
  • Downvote 6

Just now, Censored by Laurie said:

and if he ends up leading us to a game winning touchdown everyone is on here saying its the best thing since Willis Reed and calling for his statue to be next to go up.

And if he gets really hurt and misses the rest the season?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

You’re dead wrong.  Like you said, sports bring the dumbest in all of us. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

7 minutes ago, Felozano said:

There’s a lot of blame to go around. But...The coaches didn’t cause Torrey’s fumble, cause Darden’s muffed punt, or miss the original go ahead field goal.  Losses happen, it’s just unfortunate it happened tonight and all of the potential national exposure. Maybe this will bring the team back to earth and get them charged to run the table?!?!  GMG!

It's player's responsibility to execute, BUT it's also on the coaches to make correct calls.  We had NO REASON to field the punt at the end of the half.

• Upvote 6

36 minutes ago, meangreenacct said:

Had players out their in the 4Q that from an injury stand point had no place being out there. Completely kept us from executing our game plan. Shouldn’t have gone to the kick after the last miss. Got completely out game planed after the first quarter.

Nick Smith got hurt...too?

Rick

• Downvote 1