*** OFFICIAL La. Tech vs. UNT GAME THREAD***

Harry

I see a lot of overreacting on this board tonight. We played pretty poorly outside of the 1st quarter. We made a LOT of mistakes (fumble on punt return, fumble on the catch, FG going off uprights, blocked FG) and still almost beat what appears to be a pretty good LT team. Why do some of you think it’s so unlikely they pick up 2 losses?

Someone on here really said their was not a big difference between going 6-6 and 11-1. Give. Me. A. Break. If we get an 11 win season, you watch and see what the difference is. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, ChristopherRyanWilkes said:

No one is arguing against the fact that this is a special season and this is still likely a special team. The disappointing part is most G5 teams literally get one shot in most fan’s lifetimes to pull something really special. It usually takes a combination of things, the most unlikely of which is demolishing your “body bag” team because they’re in a down season. Those NY6 teams don’t have any trouble in conference until at least the championship game, and even then only if their opponent is also ranked, usually in MWC or AAC. With the changes coming in 2023 it’s likely the window to achieve that once lifetime opportunity is quickly closing. 

I tend to agree with much of what you're saying.  This was a punch in the guts.  I certianly didn't expect some magical undefeated season but this game was different.  This was the game that could have been the true break out game and party in our house in front of our fans many of them casual and skeptical and on a super special day honoring Mean Joe while having all this media attention nationally and locally on us.  If there was a game for us that we least afford to lose it was this one IMO.

Still think were in for a really nice season and those that have penciled in LT I just say to tap the brakes as there's still a ton of football to be played.  

• Lovely Take 1

14 minutes ago, Green Mean said:

I tend to agree with much of what you're saying.  This was a punch in the guts.  I certianly didn't expect some magical undefeated season but this game was different.  This was the game that could have been the true break out game and party in our house in front of our fans many of them casual and skeptical and on a super special day honoring Mean Joe while having all this media attention nationally and locally on us.  If there was a game for us that we least afford to lose it was this one IMO.

Still think were in for a really nice season and those that have penciled in LT I just say to tap the brakes as there's still a ton of football to be played.  

LaTech will need to lose twice while we will need to win out to get into the CUSA champ game. Who is LaTech losing twice to? IF tonight is any indication we aren't winning out. Might lose the next home game to a decent Southern Miss team if we play like tonight. 

We hit adversity for the first time this year and I saw a team press for results instead of playing for results. 

7 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

LaTech will need to lose twice while we will need to win out to get into the CUSA champ game. Who is LaTech losing twice to? IF tonight is any indication we aren't winning out. Might lose the next home game to a decent Southern Miss team if we play like tonight. 

We hit adversity for the first time this year and I saw a team press for results instead of playing for results. 

OR...

LATech loses to UAB.  We beat UAB.  & it comes down to 3-way tiebreakers.

Just throwing another option out there.