*** OFFICIAL La. Tech vs. UNT GAME THREAD***

Harry

2 minutes ago, All About UNT said:

tell that to the Arkansas fans who were saying the same thing when we came in there and beat them senseless

SO. They didn’t need a reality check either. 

They are fans. They don’t need anything. They can say and believe what they want. 

We should have won this game by a few touchdowns. Our own mistakes continued their own score drives several times. 

Edited by Travis

4 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

This is all i keep thinking about. It took a several key injuries on our end (Hall, Easley, Fine), a muffed punt, fumble, first missed field goal of the year, and a blocked fg for us to lose by TWO! The team is good, just lost focus and got bit by the injury bug after having a very healthy first 4 weeks. Lets see how they respond. I'm disappointed because of who it was against and how big of a game it was. Hopefully this team gets back on track next game.

Uh...those fumbles were not bad luck, they were a lack of concentration. And the Fine injury was probably because of shitty blocking. 

It was a huge game and we totally choked.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

This is the typical UNT fan we know so well.  One bit of adversity and posts like this.  We didn't play our best and La Tech had something to do with that.  Bet this team responds and you are eating crow next week.

I'm sure we will respond and I will be cheering them on again..

We can win every game from here on out but it doesn't change the fact that we just blew it today.

I've seen quite a few losses in my day as a fan  but not even the Portland Sate debacle compares to this.

We had a chance to do something incredibly special this year and it took every possible break to go the oppositions way for us to lose that chance and that's exactly what happened.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

The bad sport in me wants to blame the unfavorable calls we may have gotten. But I know we had plenty of chances to win. I'm not proud of it, but I loved hearing the boos overtake the North Texas chant after the failed two point conversion.

All we can do is focus on next week and taking care of our own business. It's deflating that we don't control our own destiny anymore in getting to the conference championship game, but that won't take away from how great this season will continue to be.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

I still think we needed to pull Fine.  We lost a couple of drives because he was hurting, then the fumbled snap.  I love Mason to death but he shouldn't have been in the game.

I agree! I believe it was around the 6 minute mark when he was really limping around and all we had to do was run the ball to get in field goal range. We should not have risked fine. We also should not have kept taking a deep shot to the left on multiple second downs. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

I still think we needed to pull Fine.  We lost a couple of drives because he was hurting, then the fumbled snap.  I love Mason to death but he shouldn't have been in the game.

Again I will say it. Tells me the coaches do not have copies and Quinn as a back up. Find was noticeably hurt. Take nothing away from him as he is a great competitor but he should not be the game. 

7 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I agree! I believe it was around the 6 minute mark when he was really limping around and all we had to do was run the ball to get in field goal range. We should not have risked fine. We also should not have kept taking a deep shot to the left on multiple second downs. 

I tend to agree. Fine was clearly hobbled for at least three drives. Points on any of those would have been enough to somehow come out of this game with a W. I do think this situation is what you have backups for.

We now know the following:

We will not be ranked.

We will not win the conference.

We will not win the West Division.

There's no shame in going to the ServPro Bowl or whatever it is called, but at this point it really makes no difference if we go 6-6 or 11-1.  Time to just focus on building for next year and maybe just maybe winning a bowl game for the first time under Littrell.  Sadly, I think that's the only milestone that is possible this season.  At least mediocrity is way better than we were a few years ago.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, outoftown said:

I tend to agree. Fine was clearly hobbled for at least three drives. Points on any of those would have been enough to somehow come out of this game with a W. I do think this situation is what you have backups for.

Shanbor played in the blowouts and even if he doesn’t have the arm he has shown he is mobile. He and Smith could have run us down to a TD or a much closer FG. The coaches need to not make these mistakes again.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Confused 1