Shut Down of 35 at the Loop

MEANGREENCOACH2

2 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

So is that loop 288 north or south of Apogee? 

Underpass at Loop 288 South of Apogee at I35-E. They're still finishing up 35express construction there, which ends at 380.

Loop 288 north is an overpass at I35.

Edited by Aldo

8 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Underpass at Loop 288 South of Apogee at I35-E. They're still finishing up 35express construction there, which ends at 380.

OK.  I'll plan accordingly because I'm sure there will be some delays.  That section is always slow regardless of shutdowns. 

Thanks for the heads up. 

5 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

OK.  I'll plan accordingly because I'm sure there will be some delays.  That section is always slow regardless of shutdowns. 

Thanks for the heads up. 

Yeah it can back up leading up to 288, but once you get north of there, you fly since the speed limit is now 65-70.

Also for any blue lot people, after all these years I discovered I could exit at North Texas (coming from the south) and get to the blue lot that way.

Mind blown.

Edited by Aldo
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Also for any blue lot people, after all these years I discovered I could exit at North Texas (coming from the south) and get to the blue lot that way.

There have been years where you couldn't do that.  I had a blue pass, and that entrance would either be outright closed or they would tell me it was for red passes.  As to the latter, I would just blow right past them.  

I tried it on the second game this year because getting into the Bonnie Brae entrance at the SMU game was horrendous.  I was delighted to see it open and functioning again. 

• Upvote 1

Easiest parking entry for the blue lot is to drive down Highland Park Dr.  Close to where the old 12th green was located, pull over, cut the cable fencing, drive across the old fairways and pick your spot.  May need a 4x4 due to recent rains.  Don't worry, the Denia neighborhood people will love you.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Technically the 35Express project is now complete. The contractor working on the remaining stretch of 35E is different than the one that handled the 35Express project. With the Bucees going in, the City of Denton put some money in to have the 288 interchange redone along with the new overpass at Brinker Rd.

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, UNTFan23 said:

Technically the 35Express project is now complete. The contractor working on the remaining stretch of 35E is different than the one that hanhandled the 35Express project. With the Bucees going in, the City of Denton put some money in to have the 288 interchange redone along with the new overpass at Brinker Rd.

Oh dang, glad they're redoing it. Didn't feel done.

Also reminds me, I was over at the stadium on Thursday and Bonnie Brae has been resurfaced. Much smoother drive, and there's like an extra 4-6 inches of asphalt (for now) on either side of the road. So luxurious.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Thanks for the heads up. 

Yep.   Due to the highway going from 4 lanes at Post Oak to 2 lanes at Loop 288.   Once they finish this new overpass there, the bottleneck will be removed and traffic should be MUCH better.

3 minutes ago, Green Mean said:

I live in Plano and could take 35 or 380.  I haven't driven on 380 to Denton in a few years at least...would that be a viable option?  I think things are and have been getting built out along the road which probably makes it even or maybe worse.

380 has tons of construction going on as well. I haven't been up that way but there was some major work going on at 380/DNT but it could be finished by now.

• Lovely Take 1

Just now, UNTFan23 said:

380 has tons of construction going on as well. I haven't been up that way but there was some major work going on at 380/DNT but it could be finished by now.

I live along 380 and that place is still very much under contruction at DNT. 

It only just depends on traffic and the time you leave. Check google maps before you head out @Green Mean.

• Lovely Take 2

5 hours ago, Aldo said:

Yeah it can back up leading up to 288, but once you get north of there, you fly since the speed limit is now 65-70.

Mind blown.

Now wait a minute.  Are you telling me that instead of exiting Bonnie Brae, u-turning and going up the hill on the southbound service road and hanging a right at NT Blvd., I can just exit NT Blvd and go across the overpass?  If so, another mind blown.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, kj86 said:

Now wait a minute.  Are you telling me that instead of exiting Bonnie Brae, u-turning and going up the hill on the southbound service road and hanging a right at NT Blvd., I can just exit NT Blvd and go across the overpass?  If so, another mind blown.

Man, everyone gonna be using my super secret entrance into the Red lot now.

12 minutes ago, kj86 said:

This used to be the "Red Lot" entrance.   Both going to the same parking lots.

The NT Blvd overpass is closed closer to gametime though (2 hours prior to kickoff, I think?) to provide another route for pedestrian traffic.
So if you're going to use this method, get there early!

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

This used to be the "Red Lot" entrance.   Both going to the same parking lots.

The NT Blvd overpass is closed closer to gametime though (2 hours prior to kickoff, I think?) to provide another route for pedestrian traffic.
So if you're going to use this method, get there early!

I don’t think they close it anymore due to it’s finished construction. It’s wide enough now to handle both (in fact it was built with a permanent ant pedestrian lane)

• Upvote 1