MGN Podcast 109: LT Preview

aztecskin

One comment I have is pretty early.  Y'all touch on J'Mar Smith being a good thrower on  the run.  The thing I see (and hopefully the defense and LBs see) is that when they do that, they open the opportunity for our LBs to shoot massive gaps.  Moving the pocket against our defense isn't ideal in my opinion.  I could be wrong, and Smith is definitely dangerous on the scramble, but I think our linebackers will make like tough for him.

20 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Once again ... I don't understand the complaints about the location of the Greene statue.  The main tailgating spot will be moving to the other side of Apogee.  

If they're not planning on building on top of the blue lot, that side will always be the main side of tailgating. Even more so now that it's cash parking. 

24 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Once again ... I don't understand the complaints about the location of the Greene statue.  The main tailgating spot will be moving to the other side of Apogee.  

Marching band and team does its entrance on the blue lot/student side

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

If they're not planning on building on top of the blue lot, that side will always be the main side of tailgating. Even more so now that it's cash parking. 

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

But I get it. It's the main entrance to the stadium, even though 75% of people probably enter through the other side. Eventually everything else will build up along the Bonnie Brae side so it'll be the face to athletics.

And I'll say this again. Apogee is used for Football events about 6-18 times per year including home games, HS playoff runs, Spring game, scrimmages, whatever.

However, the HUB Club is used upwards of three to four times a week for classes, meetings, receptions, and other large scale events. Simply put, Gate 2 is the most trafficked entrance to this facility and the statue's location is right where it needs to be to have the most impact.

I think Mason's eventual statue needs to be at Gate 4, though.

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

I'm not saying it's not the right choice, because it is. It's the "main" entrance to the stadium. All I'm saying is that I don't see the main tailgating spot being on the other side of Bonnie Brae like suggested by someone. 

You mean Wren Baker?  He's the one who put the tailgating area by Bonnie Bray in the new athletic plan that we saw a few months back.  Supposedly they are presenting an updated version tonight so we'll see that's still the plan.