Joe’s Jersey

Ibleedgreen

24 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

The released article stated that he best embodies the tenacity on the field and charisma off the field, or something thereabouts. 

I just hope the other DL don't view it as a slight getting in the way of their mojo. 

I think if anything it would motivate them more. Hamilton has had a great season and a big part of that is because of how good the rest of the dline has played. He was one of the players that helped at the Agnes Greene Scholarship event back in June and seems like a really good guy. 

On another note it would be awesome to see this become a yearly thing to honor former stars like Dunbar and Cobbs. It’s probably more difficult since guys wear those numbers but it would be cool if they start not giving those out and choosing one former star each year to honor like this.

1 hour ago, Ibleedgreen said:

I may have missed this. Why was Hamilton picked to wear #75? Is it because of his position, or is it an earned honor?

"Hamilton was selected to wear Greene's No. 75 just for Saturday's game against Louisiana Tech because his traits as a leader, player and advocate best represented what Greene was to the program, according to a team spokesman."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24805222/north-texas-mean-green-unretire-mean-joe-greene-no-75-jersey-1-game

• Thanks 1