Purchasing Jerseys

NTAlum07

9 hours ago, NTAlum07 said:

Yeah I'm aware of the garage sale and while that is definitely an option I would just think that by now we the fans would be able to purchase a quality replica made by Nike. I don't understand why that is not available year round for both people to purchase in person and online.

We need to get better merchandise in general. 

I was thinking about this the other day. Why can’t we order a the basic home green/dark green or road white replica jersey? Same goes for the other sports. When I first got to UNT in 2014, I remember seeing replica basketball jerseys.  I’m assuming it’s a financial choice not to sell them. 

Game worn jerseys are cool for memorabilia purposes, but they look dumb when you try to wear them with street clothes.

2 hours ago, Silent Eagle said:

We need to get better merchandise in general. 

I agree we should have some replica jerseys for purchase....both football and basketball.  But, our merchandise has come a LONG way.  I can recall days, not too long ago, where CHampion and Jansport were the only brands of UNT gear you could find.  We have Nike Drifit, under armor, columbia, oxford, cutter/buck.....and it all looks pretty kick ass.  

Still room for improvement, and it will improve, but strides have definitely been made!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, MrStrange18 said:

Even a basic green nike jersey like they will be wearing this weekend.  make them all number 75.  You will sell out!

There was a vendor out there years ago, during the 01-04 era, that was selling the Joe Greene throwback.  A friend of mine has one.

2 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

They definitely sold the helmets last time we had the throw backs with the flying worm.  They were in the neighborhood of $350 if I recall correctly. 

I don’t remember the price but I have one. I think it was Sarge’s.

1 hour ago, MEEN2018 said:

I have one of these that I got a few years ago:

7665e0d9b00874d539573aaa2d926edb.jpg

They were like half off and got one for myself and my dad. So maybe that was their discount because they were discontinuing?

Same with these basketball jerseys:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/213006257349708090/

Yeah... these.  Throw a 75 on there and they will sell out!

• Lovely Take 1

10 hours ago, MEEN2018 said:

I have one of these that I got a few years ago:

7665e0d9b00874d539573aaa2d926edb.jpg

They were like half off and got one for myself and my dad. So maybe that was their discount because they were discontinuing?

Same with these basketball jerseys:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/213006257349708090/

Now that is exactly what I would love to see available for people to purchase online. That's a great looking replica.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Girari23 said:

When you work out, your body will sweat out obviously but what about the bad smell? Well, if you wear right type of clothing that absorbs the sweat then there will not be any odour. I love to buy the beyond yoga leggings and tops because they keep me dry during physical activities.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Girari23 said:

When you work out, your body will sweat out obviously but what about the bad smell? Well, if you wear right type of clothing that absorbs the sweat then there will not be any odour. I love to buy the beyond yoga leggings and tops because they keep me dry during physical activities.

Thanks bro. I prefer Lululemon and Spanx. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

The manager at Barnes and Noble @ UNT responded to my e-mail - looks like they will be available in August...

Thank you for your email. We have some good news for you! Nike replica football jersey’s will be available in the store and online this August. Unfortunately the throwback program last season was created after Nike’s deadlines so we were unable to have jersey’s available for that event. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Lauren Martin | General Manager

Barnes & Noble @ UNT

Edited by ipd054
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/26/2018 at 9:37 PM, NTAlum07 said:

Yeah I'm aware of the garage sale and while that is definitely an option I would just think that by now we the fans would be able to purchase a quality replica made by Nike. I don't understand why that is not available year round for both people to purchase in person and online.

Unless you find a contact either directly to our supplier or thru our equipment manager with our supplier...(not Nike,....but the actual jersey contractor supplier who makes the jersey then puts the Nike logo onto it)......the garage sale is going to be your best bet to get an authentic game jersey.  

Theres only 3 to 4 contractors who make all the jerseys for the different brands.  Back in the 2000’s we had a direct contact with our supplier and when Mike Gallup sent in his order for North Texas for the following year I would take an order from everyone on GMG and give it to the contact who then turned it in with the rest of the team jerseys.  They were $125 each but came with whatever name and number you wanted with it.

The ones promised in August by our bookstore more than likely won’t be anything close to these.  I guess there’s always a chance they come through on that promise, but odds are they’ll still be the cheap replicas?

Rick