The One O'Clock Lab Band hops aboard the Mean Joe Hype Train

Christopher Walker

Goose bumps & onions in the room I guess. (Sorry, its the Irish Tenor part of me).

I love what's happening with our Alma Mater.  Love it!   And now the UNT College of Music has the spirit! 

The multi-nominated for Grammy's One O'clock Lab Band of UNT's salute to Joe Greene.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, trud1966 said:

I just love that finally the music is finally clear...The sound quality of that commercial has decomposed over the years....Well done One O'Clockers!

I've posted this several times that we need to clean up the commercial before showing it again at the stadium.  The audio is embarrassing (and was worse in Fouts.) 

This is awesome and love the split screen too.

If they don't play this version at the game, I'm gonna' put my foot up somebody's a$$!!!

Also, this from a couple of years ago:

https://people.com/sports/mean-joe-greene-reunites-with-kid-from-hey-kid-catch-coca-cola-super-bowl-ad/

Edited by meaniegreenie
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

This is the first time I have ever seen any cross marketing with music school! Wish we would see more!

I could not agree more.  We’re known for our top notch music school.  They can be showcased in athletics too.

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

Would love to see them play pre or post game at least once a year. 

This would be amazing.

I'll also add that the band's director, Alan Baylock, is a Pittsburg native and grew up watching Joe destroy offenses. He later got his Master's at UNT in the early 90s. Recording this video today was really special for him.

-----

While I have ya'll here, the band released its annual album today.

Lab 2018 The Rhythm of the Road is available on all major streaming services, iTunes, Amazon, GooglePlay, and our Online Store.

It has been submitted into six different NARAS categories for the 61st Grammys.

Lab%202018%20Album%20Cover.png

Give it a listen or two to hear the music our students and faculty are writing and recording these days!

https://store.music.unt.edu/lab-2018

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1