Coming up in minutes on CBS 11

ScrappyD

In all my years growing up in the DFW area I've never seen a sports segment on UNT like that. Wow...probably because it never happened. I was 5 to 6 yrs old when it happened in 66, 68, or 69!!!

I was going to drive from H-Town to Denton for the game, but my best friend is in H-Town to see his grand daughter, so we'll be having a watching party at my house in front of the big screen, grilling HEB prime steaks!!! If I can't be at the game it doesn't get any better than that.

SMU Eat your heart out!!!

Go Mean Green!!! Beat La Tech. 13-0 Baby!!!

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I'm thinking the results on the field are way more important in the grand scheme than if he shaves & wears a suit during his weekly press conference.

I agree but every little bit helps and it for some schools it would make a bigger difference than others.  I'm not saying that since he's not shaving for his weekly press conference that he will definitely be back.  What I am saying is if his goal was to move on to a top program then he would enhance his chances by presenting a better image of himself when facing the media.  

• Confused 1

I could be that SL is working 16hrs. a day to keep up with all his responsibilities. I'm sure SL is going a lot more media events and interviews than he's ever done with UNT lately. UNT is blessed to have someone that takes all aspects of the job and his responsibilities seriously. 

Not going to say anything about Coach Mac, but there is clearly a difference between SL and our previous coach's at least going back to coach Dicky.

GMG poster's must be in "High Cotton" now that things have devolved into "is coach SL's" hair perfect or does he have a 3 O'clock shadow!!!

SL isn't auditioning to be an actor in some hurricane move with winds blowing 120 miles per hr. with perfect hair and shave!!!

Go SL, Go Mean Green!!! Beat La Tech!! 13-0 UNT!!

Edited by UNTMike81
spelling added comment.
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Christopher Walker said:

Keep Denton Beard

You would keep Denton Beard. You mountain man.

15 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I'm thinking the results on the field are way more important in the grand scheme than if he shaves & wears a suit during his weekly press conference.

100% true. Especially given the state of how head coaches have been dressing/addressing media in the past 10 years. The younger coaches always look just a little more relaxed, and I'm totally cool with it.

I also shared this to FB. I grew up in Houston where acknowledgement, or even knowledge that the school existed was hard to come by. I've always been one to inform every person I know that I went to a great school that has great attributes, and a college football program that could beat theirs (when we're good).

2 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Seth hasn't been shaving or cleaning up before his weekly pres conferences.  Perhaps that's a good sign he isn't trying to get another job. 

1 hour ago, HoustonEagle said:

I would take it to mean the opposite quite frankly. 

On his radio show a couple weeks ago, he was asked if he would be willing to forgo shaving for a while for some cause.  He agreed.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Really?  Do you go into job interviews unshaven and with messy hair? 

So I must confess I read your statement completely backwards.  Thus my response.  I take it back.  Nothing to see here. 

Edited by HoustonEagle