Brett McMurphy's Heisman Trophy Ballot - Week 4

Jason Howeth

"5. Mason Fine, North Texas

Fine has been, well, Fine for North Texas. The Mean Green are undefeated, including an upset at Arkansas. The 5-foot-11 Fine, who only had one other scholarship offer (Austin Peay) out of Locust Grove High School in Oklahoma, ranks ninth in passing yards per game (332 yards).

Up next: North Texas hosts Louisiana Tech."

https://watchstadium.com/news/brett-mcmurphys-heisman-trophy-ballot-through-week-4-09-25-2018/

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 6

He needs a big game with good numbers against the too bullish dogs, in order to make more people realize that he should be on more of those ballots. That way by the start of next season, maybe he'll get enough attention from the start that people will actually be seeing what hes doing and send him to NYC in 19.

Edited by outoftown
  • Lovely Take 1

Yes, I'm kind of thinking of this season as a setup season both for the program and Fine individually. We do lose some important Seniors this year, but a lot of Juniors will be coming back. Not that I'm ruling out incredible things for this season of course, but I'm thinking the nation needs a year to get used to our greatness. LOL - sorta.

Beat LA Tech!

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, risinggreen said:

Yes, I'm kind of thinking of this season as a setup season both for the program and Fine individually. We do lose some important Seniors this year, but a lot of Juniors will be coming back. Not that I'm ruling out incredible things for this season of course, but I'm thinking the nation needs a year to get used to our greatness. LOL - sorta.

Beat LA Tech!

Not just some seniors.  I am thinking of starting an analysis of this, but was going to wait until later in the year.