Official LATech Game Score Prediction Thread

MeanGreenTexan

4-0 y'all!   Let that sink in...
Not just winning, but winning with an average score of 49 - 16. 

LATech apparently thinks they're hot stuff because they hung with LSU for a while (after having 2 weeks to prepare for them).
We beat them last year.  We'll beat them again this year.

Apogee will be ROCKING.

LATech will come out excited to play and possibly take a quick lead.  Mason & Co will be able to keep up offensively, and regain the lead.  We'll see a good game until LATech starts to press in order to keep up late-2nd/early-3rd quarter... that's when the bad decisions start & the NT Defense begins to shine.  Sacks & turnovers begin to break LATech's will.   NT Offense keeps the pedal to the metal to the delight of the Apogee crowd & begin pulling away in the 4th quarter.

NT: 41
LATech: 23

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

This is the game I've had circled on the schedule since it came out. I think La Tech is a good team. This will no doubt be the best team we've faced. Not the most talented....but I think the best team.

A few thoughts:

I think they played LSU tough....but I also think they're way overrating that game. LSU was coming off an emotional win vs Auburn with another SEC West game the next week. And less than half way through the 2nd quarter, LSU was already up 24-0. Then they let off and La Tech (being a good team) clawed their way back into it. Then LSU said...enough...and scored 14 unanswered. 

UNT's offense is much more potent than LSU's. This is our big game. We're not going to let up.

Also, all of our games this year have been basically over  in the 3rd quarter. We've annihilated  everyone we've played and we haven't even put a full game together. Drops, unfocused at times. I think we'll come into this game more focused than we we have been all year. And we're at home.

As for the defense. First game was: "SMU has a great offense, it's gonna be a shoot out" then we dominate. Then it was UIW and it was "their QB is good...we better be ready" then we dominate. Then it was Arkansas "That's SEC speed with a big ol offensive line" then we dominate. Then it was Liberty "This is the best QB we've faced all year...they scored 52 on ODU" then we dominate.

I trust this defense

I think Fine will be razor sharp

I think we've found a running game now that we haven't had all year that La Tech is going to have to plan for. What are you going to focus on? Covering all our receivers? Stopping the run? Putting extra pressure on Fine? All of those leave another offensive strength open.

I think we put a full game together, win and I think we win big

UNT 48

La Tech 24

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

Image result for seth littrell

"This week we play against the best team we've seen all year. These guys are coming into our house to try and knock us off our perch. We've talked all year about Resetting each week, and with this being our first week of conference play, I know we have preached it all week. 

Gentleman, this our chance to go out and prove to the Mean Green family that we aren't satisfied with early season success. Offense, we're gonna get the ball and go score on their ass. Defense, we are gonna dominate their ass all night. Special teams, I want their asses surprised at how good we are. 

Now let's go out there, be the most excited team to play, and dominate their ass for FOUR ASSES!"

-Seth Littrell Pre-LaTech speech.

UNT wins, 52-30

Needs more "all 3 phases".

• Haha 1