Blue parking at Apogee worth the extra $$

Ken14

If I am getting to the game early and tailgating, I would park in the blue lot.

If I am getting to the game under a hour early, or less I would NOT park in the blue lot unless things have changed since the SMU game.

During the SMU game, walking was much faster than waiting in that massive jam to get to the Blue lot.  However, given the efficiency of this administration, I would not be surprised if things were much smoother for this game.

Just MHO.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, akriesman said:

If I am getting to the game under a hour early, or less I would NOT park in the blue lot unless things have changed since the SMU game.

During the SMU game, walking was much faster than waiting in that massive jam to get to the Blue lot. However, given the efficiency of this administration, I would not be surprised if things were much smoother for this game.

Just MHO.

So nice to see and so refreshing.

They need two car lines in the blue lot. One for those who already have their blue tag and another for those paying cash. 

I pay extra to get that blue tag so I can park quickly. I had to wait in line 15 minutes last game while people paid cash and got change, etc.

A logical person might not support the MGSF just to get the parking pass if all they have to do is pay cash on game day and they have the same parking experience either way.

Plus, if you pay cash on game day, you don’t end up paying for parking to games you can’t attend like I am right now by making a donation to the MGSF to get a parking pass.

Wren needs to protect the value of the parking pass and encourage supporting the MGSF by offering an express line to those of us with the blue tag.

Edited by MeanGreenZen
  • Upvote 5

11 hours ago, MeanGreenTeeth said:

Related question.  How many hours before the game do the lots open?  Does it differ between the blue and orange lots?

Blue lot opens at 7 a.m. on game day.  That part I know for sure.  

In years past, you could drop stuff off on Friday, and if you're @emmitt01, set up camp and intoxicating green Kool-Aid.  No idea if that part is still true. 

31 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Blue lot opens at 7 a.m. on game day.  That part I know for sure.  

In years past, you could drop stuff off on Friday, and if you're @emmitt01, set up camp and intoxicating green Kool-Aid.  No idea if that part is still true. 

We have camped for most games over the past few years (will be doing so again this weekend). We tend to arrive middle of the afternoon on Friday (never have had any issues). 

12 hours ago, akriesman said:

During the SMU game, walking was much faster than waiting in that massive jam to get to the Blue lot.  However, given the efficiency of this administration, I would not be surprised if things were much smoother for this game.

Just MHO.

Wren already said they made changes to parking after the SMU game.

Also....(I'm taking one for the team here) I'm not sure how many people realize, if you're coming from the south, you can exit NT Boulevard, cross over and enter the blue lot from the east side of the lot. There's little to no wait....

Going down to Bonnie Brae and coming in on the west side of the stadium is always more crowded.

There are two entrances to the blue lot

However, Wren specifically said they addressed the bonnie brae entrance to the blue lot after the first game so I expect improvement

16 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

However, Wren specifically said they addressed the bonnie brae entrance to the blue lot after the first game so I expect improvement

Since we've started actually having fans show up at games, the physical limitations of that two-lane road into the entrance have rendered the Bonne Brae entrance akin to stuffing a bushel of watermelons into a salt shaker.  Short of massive infrastructure expansion, I don't know how to realistically improve on the situation.

I've been using the North Texas Blvd entrance this year.  I am greatly relieved that they're allowing that again.  There have been times where they didn't have it open, or they would tell me it was for red passes only when mine was blue even though it was the same freaking parking lot.  (I may or may not have just blown right past them once or twice when they tried to pull that nonsense). 

If they separate passes from cash in that entrance, I anticipate things will be much smoother.  I admit that I was a little miffed that my "premium" parking pass that comes with my "premium" season tickets was no more valuable than a twenty spot at the SMU game.

Kudos the the AD for immediately sending out an email addressing the situation the following Monday after  listening to feedback.