Commentary: It's 'judgment week;' LA Tech proves it's ready for Mean Green

Harry

RUSTON – Many might argue that game one of an eight-game conference schedule presents too small a sample size and is way too early to gauge if a team stands a chance to make its league’s title showcase.

Under normal circumstances, I would agree with those folks. I’m usually cautious and so much can happen over the course of a season.

But this week, I’m throwing caution to the win and I’m here to tell you Saturday night’s clash between Louisiana Tech (2-1) and North Texas (4-0) at Apogee Stadium, a heavyweight slugfest of the clear top two Conference USA West squads, fits all the markers to tell us who’ll be the front-runner to represent their division come the first weekend in December.

Read more:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.thenewsstar.com/amp/1413618002

Last time I recall the La Tech fandom, players & coaches having such an exuberant, confident of a sure victory attitude toward North Texas the Mean Green traveled to Ruston & brought back a 41-7 win.  Of course, most of you weren’t born the year that happened, but their fans have this “we’re destined for greatness—you just call us daddy” attitude & most years it seems that’s always their attitude.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

25 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Liberty, the FCS-transition school, will be tougher than Louisiana Tech?

Man!  I get to use this same meme twice in 1 day!
xgWIL6J.jpg

La Tech barely beat South Alabama by 4 points yes I think Liberty is the better team. 

3 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

La Tech barely beat South Alabama by 4 points yes I think Liberty is the better team. 

We destroyed Liberty,  they destroyed ODU and ODU beat #13 VA Tech whom destroyed William and Mary where Mike Tomlin graduated.  Thus we are better than the Pittsburgh Steelers. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 3

1 hour ago, HoustonEagle said:

We destroyed Liberty,  they destroyed ODU and ODU beat #13 VA Tech whom destroyed William and Mary where Mike Tomlin graduated.  Thus we are better than the Pittsburgh Steelers. 

La Tech has beat one really bad FBS team by four points his year and one bad FCS team what in the world are people getting this great team BS from?