Keyshawn to the Cowboys?

It just might be!  Trade rumors are pointing to a deal to bring KJ here for Joey Galloway.  Imagine our offense next year if we draft a top notch running back. SUPER BOWL HERE WE COME!

I heard the money would be a wash and I would take Keyshawn any day over Joey Galloway. Plus last season KJ was talking about how much enjoyed being coached by Parcells he may fit in very well.

With a good running back we can go far, but I am not on board yet with Q Carter I don't see the talent in him. I could be wrong but I think he peeked last year.

• Upvote 1

Keyshawn could be the greatest addition to the Cowboys in a long time. He finally gives the Cowboys a true #1 receiver for the first time since Michael Irvin. This will give Quincy someone the CAN catch and is a deep threat and if we get a running game going next year... teams will fear the our offense not just our defense.

Just say no to Keyshawn. Overrated!

People say Keyshawn is overrated by pointing at his touchdowns or yards per catch. But that's not what he does, that's what Randy Moss does. Keyshawn is big, physical, with great hands. He is the ultimate over the middle-third down reciever, the type the Cowboys have nothing resembling right now. Also something else nobody has mentioned is that Keyshawn is one of the best blocking recievers in the league. That never gets publicity, but if you have played before, you know blocking is just as important to a reciever as the number of touchdowns. It doesn't win headlines, but it wins games.

I could be wrong but I think he peeked last year.

Don't start rumors about Quincy peeking unless you know he did. Where and who did he peek at anyway?

Edited by IronMan4

Quincy show tremendous improvement under Parcells last year. I think his production fell off after the early part of the season due to teams not being so lax when they played us (no one expected us to be as good as we were and I am sure not many teams spent alot of time game planning for us). Also you can see his numbers shut down when our receivers hands cooled off and the big key was when our running game went down the tubes. When you can stop the run with 4 guys on the line it leaves pleanty more for coverage.

Don't start rumors about Quincy peeking unless you know he did. Where and who did he peek at anyway?

I stand by my opinion that Carter peeked and it is my opinion!

Also if you watched most of his passes not all were, over 10 yards, way under thrown to his receivers all year long, and if it were not for Glenn, Galloway and his other receiver making difficult to spectacular catches after getting back to the ball he would have died. Plain and simple his receivers made him look much better than he is.

Actually I came across with the opposite impression.  After the first few games, I thought the recievers really underacheived and made Quincy look bad.  Bryant and Glenn need to get over their little case of the dropsies, and the Cowboys brought in a new recievers coach so maybe that will help.

Bryant could have been much better, I definitely agree, and I think he has more potential I hope we get it out of him. Glenn did a good job but could do better. KJ should be a great addition. A running game combined with what I hope will be a stronger offensive line will give Q Carter the chance to prove himself.

So with a little luck we will know the answer next season.

I would not be surprised if Carter did not start next year, and no I don't know who will take the spot. I think Parcells has his eyes open and if he finds a better fit he will make it.

I would like to see a good running back most of all!

I think Keyshawn would be awesome here as he is definitely an upgrade from Galloway. The GoodFellas were talking about bringing in Jevon Kearse also?! I know that he would be a HUGE hit against the cap with the money we'd have to pay him, but a true pass-rushing defensive end would be so valuable to the team (see Charles Haley). What do you guys think of the Freak coming to Big D?

By the way Ironman, I got the whole "peeking" versus "peaking" thing. laugh.gif

• 5 months later...

Yes, goodbye. But did we have to find a thread from February just to say farewell?

Yes I have to say I thought it was the best way to say goodbye!

Sorry for digging up an old post but I had a bet that Q Carter would not start this year because he was a stupid individual, and he made it easy for me. I just went to this post for reference.

And for Q. Carter --- "Stupid is as Stupid does!"

Why is that something to laugh about?

Yes it is, if you been preaching that Q.Carter was a dumbsh*t for the last year and these Quincy bandwagoneer's telling me how great he is and he is nowhere near as dumb as he acts.

Well guess what it was his choice, he is a dumb*ss.

And that is nobody's fault but his.

Sorry if this is surprising to you, but it did not surprise me or my assessment of Quincy.

Man, Quincy getting cut and perhaps messing up his life gave you a hard on didn't it?

I don't like Kobe Bryant, but I wasn't posting a bunch of  laugh.gif  biggrin.gif  tongue.gif  smile.gif 's when he was accused of rape.  That stuff is not good news for anyone....well except you apparently.

No but it is getting me a free lunch, sorry man I don't think accusations of Rape and the choice to do Cocaine are the same. He was warned and he gambled and was caught.

I don't feel sorry for him at all. I don't think it is sad, it is plain stupid.

Sorry if this is surprising to you, but it did not surprise me or my assessment of Quincy.

It suprised every player. It suprised Bill Parcells and Jerry Jones. It suprised every sports analyst, expert and insider. But it didn't suprise you? Since you saw this coming, go ahead and tell us who to take SU in every game this season so we can all get rich and buy a new stadium.

As long as you got a free lunch out of it, then it's a good thing.  Would you have got dinner too had he OD'ed and died?

Don't go over the top, obviously that is not the case so please don't throw what ifs out.

I am only sad for time wasted on him.