Question - Recruiting

Mad Hatter

It seems like I read somewhere that we’ve finished this year’s recruiting class, and I know that just about all of them are 3 star recruits.  My question is this:  with the season we are having is it possible that a 4 Star might look at us and say that’s where he wants to go, and if that happens is there a way that we find room for him?  I realize this scenario isn’t likely but could we make a spot if that happened?  This is more my recruiting ignorance, but fun to speculate!

• Lovely Take 2

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

It seems like I read somewhere that we’ve finished this year’s recruiting class, and I know that just about all of them are 3 star recruits.  My question is this:  with the season we are having is it possible that a 4 Star might look at us and say that’s where he wants to go, and if that happens is there a way that we find room for him?  I realize this scenario isn’t likely but could we make a spot if that happened?  This is more my recruiting ignorance, but fun to speculate!

We can get a few more scholly's if we want.   One way is blueshirting to take a scholly away from next year.  If a stud wanted to come we'd find a way. 

Edited by NorthTexan95
  • Lovely Take 1

Yeah I wondered about this too, because the recruiting numbers seem great right now, but it also seems like we front-loaded a lot of 3-star guys. Don't get me wrong, I love this. I just wonder about the logistics of adding a 4-star if the class is "full." Would they take a scholarship away from a kid?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

Yeah I wondered about this too, because the recruiting numbers seem great right now, but it also seems like we front-loaded a lot of 3-star guys. Don't get me wrong, I love this. I just wonder about the logistics of adding a 4-star if the class is "full." Would they take a scholarship away from a kid?

It’s a valid point.  I would just add that a big part of recruiting is does the player want to be here and how they match the culture that Littrell as developed.  Yes we are full right now and that doesn’t leave us a lot of room to pick up late additions other than blueshirting etc., but if you have the right guys that match our system and culture it will be ok.

3 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

I think it's important to keep our word to the recruits that have committed.   The way I understand recruiting, a large part of it is also relationships.  Relationships with students, parents, and coaches.   I think we need to trust the staff to do things the right way.  

• Upvote 3