This Is Something Special Beyond 4 - 0

cogido

4 hours ago, cogido said:

There is something special going on with UNT FOOTBALL and I hope everyone is paying attention as we have been waiting for years to have all the pieces move in the same direction.  The Mean Green  have not only beaten, but trounced SMU and SEC's Arkansas so far in this young undefeated season. The media and generous donars are showing up and I think I hear that "Sleeping Giant's fan base waking . Kudos Mr. Baker, Mr. Prez., Board and Coach Littrell.  I'm having fun.

It's almost as if there's something special ... Beyond the Green. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

I'm very glad you are having fun....so am I. But it's going to take a LOT MORE than a 4-0 record to change the culture of our school. And there had better be some serious long term planning on the part of the administration to keep students and alums engaged when the headlines are not so ...frequent.😉

In Wren Baker we trust. (Also Smatresk, but that didn't fit in the catchy line)

1 hour ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

We need a big bowl win against a respected P5 team to garner much more respect this year, IMO.   To those on the outside looking in, I’m not sure a dominating CUSA record will mean much unfortunately.  Not enough love for CUSA I fear. 

We've got our P5 win this year, but you're right. A win over a P5 school that has 6 wins on their season is a must if we're expecting national respect.

48 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Positive story lines and wins! Mason what a great story, Peter Pan magical, and beating an SEC team awesome ! Post game Seth said a big obstacle last week was all the press request for him and players! Let’s make that an ongoing problem!

We've got at least one positive story line thanks to Keegan Brewer and Biagi!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jason Howeth said:

In Wren Baker we trust. (Also Smatresk, but that didn't fit in the catchy line)

We've got our P5 win this year, but you're right. A win over a P5 school that has 6 wins on their season is a must if we're expecting national respect.

We've got at least one positive story line thanks to Keegan Brewer and Biagi!

Prior to Peter Pan, it was (and still is) Mason Fine's story.   
Everyone eats up that kind of little-guy-overcomes-odds-&-makes-everyone-who-passed-him-over-look-stupid story.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

Of course I always want Texas to lose, but I almost want them to keep winning enough for us to have a shot at facing them in Arlington. Cart ahead of the horse no doubt, but a bowl win there, could possibly set us up for a national run in '19 like number #13 UCF is currently experiencing after their performance last year. Every game is a Super Bowl for us from here on out.

1 hour ago, Prettylittleeagle said:

It's special and I feel it here in Houston too. I can wear UNT gear to a bar, and people will come up to me and talk about UNT. Random folks in the office who have no affiliation to the university or have ever really heard/kept up with us say go mean green when I pass them in the building. I know...it might sound lame, but it's pretty damn cool. 

I grew up in Houston, and when I told people I was headed to UNT, they always said "Oh. Where is that?" 

I'd spout off several facts about UNT including that they're the 3rd largest university (at the time) in the state, and it would blow them away. "Oh! Texas Tech isn't that big?"

All that to say, the amount of recognition I get from simply bringing up UNT in conversation, or wearing some gear has delighted my beaten-down spirit in ways I never thought I'd see.