And So It Begins

Mad Hatter

Delusions of Grandeur in Ruston, perhaps?🤔

🔵🔴 The Little Red & Blue EngineThat Could:

🗣 I think I can...I think I can...I think I can...I think I can...I think I can.

Hogdawg:  ”Who we playin’?

Dwayne of Minden:  “North Texas.”

🐖-🐶:  “I think we can’t...I think we can’t...I think we won’t!”

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF LA TECH!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

LT is a tiny school in the middle of nowhere. The expectation for North Texas in general should be to consistently destroy their kind of program.  Typically they very much overperform and that is impressive; if they really expect to win you’d think they would be making NT out to be world-beaters so such theoretical win would be impressive. They seem confused/doubtful about their team’s prospects. I on the other hand, believe in the Mean Green.

On 9/23/2018 at 4:16 PM, Legend500 said:

Part of the problem is that people are underestimating both SMU and Incarnate. The Cardinals demolished SFA and look to compete for the American... sorry, Southland championship.

As hard as this next thing is to say...

SMU played a ridiculously difficult OOC schedule, and deserves a lot of respect for that. At the end of the year at least 2 of the 3 teams will be ranked. Respect for that, they’re a good team laid low by great competition.

You had me until the part about respect for smuT. 

• Upvote 1
  • Ray 2
  • Confused 1

I couldn't remember much about last year's game at Ruston, except feeling like they were as good as us and we got a little lucky.  So I just watched the highlights.  They missed a go-ahead 47 yard field goal with about 2 min left.  We made a first down or two after that and ran out the clock.  Fine and Jeffrey Wilson (especially) were terrific in that game.

Watching it now though, I just can't picture our current defense giving up the kind of plays we gave up last year.  Our 2018 defense would have had 3 or 4 picks.

I think this will be our toughest test yet and I'm glad it's a home game.  But our guys will be ready and Apogee will be rocking.

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Duh, it's because he's small!!!!1!1!!1!

I anticipate watching J'Mar Smith throw the ball 110 yards on the run during our game this weekend!!!!!!!1!!1!
giphy.gif

/sarcasm.    The above throw is one J'Mar Smith could only dream about making.

throwing it a long way is one thing....

hitting your target is another...

The delusion is now reaching epic proportions...they're starting to get into comparing their QB with Mason Fine

• Thanks 1