And So It Begins

Mad Hatter

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

ICW would destroy Southern and hang with S. Alabama. 

Part of the problem is that people are underestimating both SMU and Incarnate. The Cardinals demolished SFA and look to compete for the American... sorry, Southland championship.

As hard as this next thing is to say...

SMU played a ridiculously difficult OOC schedule, and deserves a lot of respect for that. At the end of the year at least 2 of the 3 teams will be ranked. Respect for that, they’re a good team laid low by great competition.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ColoradoEagle said:

What’s terrible about this game is that we have to listen to this for a week. Then, after they get beat down in Denton, they’ll say it was bad luck. As they rack up wins in their brutal schedule after our game (UAB, UTSA, and UTEP) they’ll only get louder about how they’d beat us in a rematch. If they’re not the most delusional fans in college football, they’re close. 

Who cares what LaTech has to say. Look who's the face of CUSA now. UNT.. we have home field advantage. Haven't lost in Denton since 2016, they'll figure that out real quick too.

• Upvote 1

I agree that smu is going to win some games this year. Incarnate Word got stronger as a result of our overwhelming offense and smothering d.  Teams that have played us look down right now but they are going to win some games - except Arkansas. I think they are in for a rough year. Tulsa can take them too. 

GMG

• Upvote 1

Yesterday makes it look as though SMU and Arkansas aren't as bad as everyone thought.  Michigan sure had a much easier time with Nebraska than they did with SMU.  Arkansas may not win a game, but I doubt they will be completely dominated very many times (they certainly weren't against Auburn).  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, NM Green said:

I agree that smu is going to win some games this year. Incarnate Word got stronger as a result of our overwhelming offense and smothering d.  Teams that have played us look down right now but they are going to win some games - except Arkansas. I think they are in for a rough year. Tulsa can take them too. 

GMG

Did you watch the Auburn/Arkansas game?  Arkansas won the statistical battle, but managed to lose by 31.  Total offense Hogs 290 and Auburn 225, that a good defense. 

There is a lot of talent on that Arkansas team.  They are going to have a tough year in the SEC, but they are not close to as bad as a lot are portraying them on this board.  They are going to win a few games including Tulsa. 

• Upvote 3

36 minutes ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

This game will be tough... If we play anything like we played in 2nd quarter at Liberty we'll be down by 20+ real quick.  And good lord, if it rains... man we have problems in the rain.  The sprinkles at the beginning of the UIW game and the entire Liberty game prove this.

Can Coach get a bunch of AD people with hoses at Apogee and spray the player during drills this week?  40% chance of PM thunderstorms next Saturday.

Had a friend tell me today that they are now talking sunshine, lollypops and rainbows for this Saturday.  Wonder how many times this Saturday's weather will change from day to day? :)

Where is Harold Taft when we need him? 

GMG!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Had a friend tell me today that they are now talking sunshine, lollypops and rainbows for this Saturday.  Wonder how many times this Saturday's weather will change from day to day? 🙂

GMG!

I anticipate a sudden increase in "Harold Taft" Google searches😀

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Had a friend tell me today that they are now talking sunshine, lollypops and rainbows for this Saturday.  Wonder how many times this Saturday's weather will change from day to day? 🙂

GMG!

Well, he'd let us know it's way too early to be talkin' too specifically about Saturday, but around Wed. he'd give it a good look.

7 hours ago, ADLER said:

La Tech is a very good football team. They have talent, experience and depth, and they are very well coached. Tech is also ware that this game, although not officially for the CUSA Western Division Championship, will make it a lot more difficult for the loser to become that champion.

They will be ready for battle.

I remember the 2014 season when we played them at Apogee. We were favored after dismantling SMU and they came in and destroyed us.

This ain't that same team, friend. Eventually even the UNT fans will have to start believing that we're unstoppable. 

• Upvote 1

9-24-2018, 09:42 AM#35
revf 
Champrevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf's Avatar

Re: 9/29: @UNT Game

1. Stop fawning over North Texas. Their record is indicative of their cream puff schedule this year. We would be 4-0 with that schedule. Arkansas is playing some really bad football. They are down to 100 on the Sagarin ratings. Incarnate Word(208), Liberty(156), and SMU(104) aren't exactly a murders row. 

2. We are the highest ranked team they will face all year. Wish this game was at home, or after a UTEP/Rice game. The quick turn around from Saturday's loss will be difficult. They had a scrimmage with Liberty while we played the number 6 team in the country.

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?141777-9-29-UNT-Game/page3

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheColonyEagle said:
9-24-2018, 09:42 AM#35
revf 
Champrevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf's Avatar

Re: 9/29: @UNT Game

1. Stop fawning over North Texas. Their record is indicative of their cream puff schedule this year. We would be 4-0 with that schedule. Arkansas is playing some really bad football. They are down to 100 on the Sagarin ratings. Incarnate Word(208), Liberty(156), and SMU(104) aren't exactly a murders row. 

2. We are the highest ranked team they will face all year. Wish this game was at home, or after a UTEP/Rice game. The quick turn around from Saturday's loss will be difficult. They had a scrimmage with Liberty while we played the number 6 team in the country.

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?141777-9-29-UNT-Game/page3

Image result for i dont care meme

• Lovely Take 1
  • Ray 1