And So It Begins

Mad Hatter

4 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

They have a point. We've hit schedule magic with SMU and Arkansas being terrible and UIW and Liberty barely count. We have a terrible SOS.. but we have been winning and winning big on the scoreboard. It is easy to see both sides of the argument. 

La Tech will be a super tough game, but the SOS argument loses some steam when you look at how lopsided the games were. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

The LaTech board is already saying  “sure they’re 4-0 but they haven’t played anyone”.  Prepare yourself for this argument from everyone. It seems they hung close to LSU so they’re pretty confident since our opponents have been weak.

Look at who, the mighty bulldogs have beat.  A four point win over the powerhouse S. Alabama and a big victory over Southern.    

LaTech will be a challenge, but their weak schedule spill does not hold up.  

There is a big difference in running over Southern and barely beating a bad S. Alabama team compared to total domination by NT of their  oc schedule.  

I see you and other posters on this thread supporting the NT has not beat a good team mantra.   Last week it was neither Arkansas or SMU will win a game.   Well SMU did and Arkansas played Auburn a lot better game than they gave NT.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

qng001 said:09-23-2018 12:16 PM

“Re: 9/29: @UNT Game

UNT will be tested this weekend. I don't read a lot into the Arkansas win. Ark is having problems at QB. SMU lost their HC, like Ark they are trying to get their program together. Incarnate and Liberty were easy wins. UNT hasn't been tested yet. 

UNT will be knocked down to reality this weekend.”
they bringing terry Bradshaw and Karl Malone to the game? Hanging with LSU for a while doesn’t mean anything. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again... their delusions of their importance is on an Aggie level.
  • Upvote 6
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, meangreenlax said:

Exactly. They want extra credit for losing to LSU to bolster their weak resume. I wish it worked like that.

As Parcells said “you are what you’re record says you are”. Had we squeaked by these teams, I’d understand their confidence. But we’ve pounded the competition. I do see this as the 1st big test of the year,  but I hate their smug attitude. And the result? We’ll drop between 30-50 on them, they’ll claim self inflicted wounds beat them, Terry Bradshaw, yadda. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

They have a point. We've hit schedule magic with SMU and Arkansas being terrible and UIW and Liberty barely count. We have a terrible SOS.. but we have been winning and winning big on the scoreboard. It is easy to see both sides of the argument. 

This so accurrate.  How can anyone down vote this comment?  

On the other hand, F La Tech.  They haven't done anything to write home about.  I expect us to correct these little issues and dominate their ass.  Our expectations have elevated with the potential of this team and complacency will kill us if allowed to creep in.

• Upvote 8
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 5

I’m not sure what they are hanging their hat on.  S Alabama is 1-3, and the least amount of points S Alabama has given up was to ....... L. A. Tech.  Even Texas State scored more against S Alabama than L. A. Tech.

Southern is roughly comparable to UIW, so all that’s left is a morale victory in their 17 point loss to LSU.

• Upvote 2

What’s terrible about this game is that we have to listen to this for a week. Then, after they get beat down in Denton, they’ll say it was bad luck. As they rack up wins in their brutal schedule after our game (UAB, UTSA, and UTEP) they’ll only get louder about how they’d beat us in a rematch. If they’re not the most delusional fans in college football, they’re close. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

Looks like they have a qb! Against LSU 330yds in the air. With a good qb Tech is always tough! GMG 

The La Tech LSU game seemed very strange based on the box score. A 24-0 start for LSU, then 21 straight by La Tech, then 14 unanswered by LSU. La Tech hung but wonder what changed after LSU went up 24-0. 

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

The LaTech board is already saying  “sure they’re 4-0 but they haven’t played anyone”.  Prepare yourself for this argument from everyone. It seems they hung close to LSU so they’re pretty confident since our opponents have been weak.

People will say this any time you beat your competition convincingly. No worries. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mean Green Matt said:

The La Tech LSU game seemed very strange based on the box score. A 24-0 start for LSU, then 21 straight by La Tech, then 14 unanswered by LSU. La Tech hung but wonder what changed after LSU went up 24-0. 

Hmm... It's almost like LSU was just playing down to LaTech's level, and not the other way around. Curious...

• Upvote 4

Squeeked by South Alabama, wow. Southern, wow. Didn't get blown out by LSU but still lost by 17. Great argument. Really swell. 

We beat an FCS team badly, beat an AAC team that hates us very badly, beat and completely embarrassed an SEC team at home, and beat an FBS team badly in a monsoon. 

La Tech is good but they haven't done crap yet. For the sake of their fans, I hope if given the opportunity, we run it up on them.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Lovely Take 3
  • Ray 1

La Tech is a very good football team. They have talent, experience and depth, and they are very well coached. Tech is also ware that this game, although not officially for the CUSA Western Division Championship, will make it a lot more difficult for the loser to become that champion.

They will be ready for battle.

I remember the 2014 season when we played them at Apogee. We were favored after dismantling SMU and they came in and destroyed us.

Edited by ADLER
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

This game will be tough... If we play anything like we played in 2nd quarter at Liberty we'll be down by 20+ real quick.  And good lord, if it rains... man we have problems in the rain.  The sprinkles at the beginning of the UIW game and the entire Liberty game prove this.

Can Coach get a bunch of AD people with hoses at Apogee and spray the player during drills this week?  40% chance of PM thunderstorms next Saturday.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1