Nic Smith

NorthTexasWeLove

3 hours ago, UNT86 said:

I think the biggest issue with him may be pass protection.  His size makes it more difficult to pick up LB's running at full speed.  Out of the backfield he is fine, but so is 23.  And 23 is bigger.

I was thinking this must be it too.  Not that we'd know, but I doubt he's having locker room/attitude issues and don't think he's hurt.

6 hours ago, UNT86 said:

I think the biggest issue with him may be pass protection.  His size makes it more difficult to pick up LB's running at full speed.  Out of the backfield he is fine, but so is 23.  And 23 is bigger.

Makes the most since because we have also seen very little of Evan Johnson as well, and Littrell was a big fan of his last year.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, North Texas Shep said:

Coaches seem to know what they are doing (clearly). So they have him behind others for some reason. Which is fine with me. 

And maybe he is no longer behind anyone, guess we will see, he did look good against Liberty. Maybe that earned him a better spot in the lineup 

On 9/23/2018 at 10:06 PM, UNTLifer said:

Makes the most since because we have also seen very little of Evan Johnson as well, and Littrell was a big fan of his last year.

A recent tweet by Johnson makes me wonder if maybe he is injured or something else is going on.