Servpro Bowl?

Wag Tag

5 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

If we're going to go to a poorly attended and poorly covered bowl can it at least be the Bahamas Bowl?  The personal accounts of fans there last year sounded like comedy gold.

Or we could go to somewhere like Shreveport and play someone like Florida State like Southern Miss did last year. There's zero foregone conclusion we are winning this conference. I'd hate to see us win our conference and play UNLV with their 20 fans. Or UTAH and their couple hundred.

ESPN has us predicted in ServPro playing the below. Both P5's!

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24773646/college-football-bowl-projections-week-4

SERVPRO First Responder Bowl

Cotton Bowl, Dallas
Dec. 26, 1:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Bonagura: Northwestern vs. North Texas
Sherman: Colorado vs. North Texas

• Lovely Take 1

I feel like early bowl projections rarely become reality. For instance this article has North Texas going to the Hawai’i Bowl. How do they come up with this stuff?! 

https://www.sportingnews.com/ca/ncaa-football/news/college-football-2018-19-bowl-projections-week-5-rankings/r082cqgnu1l61nfdm0jkz3bla

3 hours ago, GreenTexan13 said:

ESPN has us predicted in ServPro playing the below. Both P5's!

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24773646/college-football-bowl-projections-week-4

SERVPRO First Responder Bowl

Cotton Bowl, Dallas
Dec. 26, 1:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Bonagura: Northwestern vs. North Texas
Sherman: Colorado vs. North Texas

All predictions this early are just interested click bait.  Win the conference, lose one game or less and bowls are fighting over this team with the iconic punt return.  As for a match up with Colorado I would like prefer getting a team that would not sign a home and home with us under any conditions.  I think a home and home with Colorado is probably the only PAC 12 home and home we could hope to get.  A recruiting opportunity for Colorado in DFW area (especially now since they are no longer visiting this state regularly).  Out of the Big 10 I would prefer just about any other team besides Illinois, Indiana, or Purdue. Northwestern is a slight step up.  Even a shot at a barely bowl eligible Nebraska team would be preferable.

Edited by Mike Jackson

16 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

All predictions this early are just interested click bait.  Win the conference, lose one game or less and bowls are fighting over this team with the iconic punt return.  As for a match up with Colorado I would like prefer getting a team that would sign a home and home with us under any conditions.  I think a home and home with Colorado is probably the only PAC 12 home and home we could hope to get.  A recruiting opportunity for Colorado in DFW area (especially now since they are no longer visiting this state regularly).  Out of the Big 10 I would prefer just about any other team besides Illinois, Indiana, or Purdue. Northwestern is a slight step up.  Even a shot at a barely bowl eligible Nebraska team would be preferable.

Yeah pretty much... it kind of goes both ways on predictions.. we see desirable matchups in good bowl games in sought after bowls and then terrible ones at Hawaii or the Bahamas vs a mid tier G5.

I think Colorado or Northwestern would be great matchups, especially due to distance from DFW. We play one of those two in the cotton bowl and that would be well attended.

A home and home is definitely in the relm of possibilities with our AD. Colorado or Utah would bite. Maybe most of the Pac 12 south division IMO. (We have Cal coming into Denton to play us) The problem is Jerry world bringing in the P5s to play in DFW or TCU/SMU taking them in their own stadiums..

Nebraska wouldn't help our cause this year, they are goners, future wise.. when they are barely bowl eligible like you said or not losing to Sun Belt teams.