Servpro Bowl?

Wag Tag

13 minutes ago, wardly said:

I hope we get to a decent bowl this year, and the "you name it" at Cotton Bowl is not It. I would much rather go to Armed Forces Bowl in Ft. Worth, but that's just me.

If we don't get the G5 NY6 bowl (and there's a LOT that needs to happen over the next few months for that to become a reality...a LOT), anywhere we can play a P5 should be the goal for a bowl game.  If that's at the HOD Bowl, so be it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, wardly said:

I hope we get to a decent bowl this year, and the "you name it" at Cotton Bowl is not It. I would much rather go to Armed Forces Bowl in Ft. Worth, but that's just me.

Me too! 

We (35K plus MG fans) would displace everyone wearing purple with green within a 5 mile radius of Amon Carter Stadium. 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, risinggreen said:

I'm looking for a game at the new Cotton Bowl instead.

48 minutes ago, drex said:

The Cotton Bowl is the Dallas equivalent of Fouts Field.  No thanks.

Agree with both of these. If we went to the HOD they'd bring in some MWC or MAC type team that brings in 500 people. That bowl isn't going to exist much longer from the sound of it. Im happy whenever we go to bowl but we can do better on a season like this.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UNTexas said:

That bowl isn't going to exist much longer from the sound of it. 

Not sure why you say this. First, the same team than manages the Armed Forces Bowl in Ft Worth manages the Servpro. Their business cards used to say Armed Forces bowl on one side and HOD on the other. Secondly, the fact they've got a title sponsor makes them more likely to continue, not less. Title sponsors change every four to five years, see the formerly called Colonial Invitational and multiple bowl games. Third, and most importantly, there is a new management group running Fair Park now that wants to build it up. They are willing to invest more than the City was. They want the bowl game to grow. 

A match up with Washington State would have a unique line of interest - both teams lost at home to Portland State in 2015. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, UNTexas said:

Agree with both of these. If we went to the HOD they'd bring in some MWC or MAC type team that brings in 500 people. That bowl isn't going to exist much longer from the sound of it. Im happy whenever we go to bowl but we can do better on a season like this.

If we're going to go to a poorly attended and poorly covered bowl can it at least be the Bahamas Bowl?  The personal accounts of fans there last year sounded like comedy gold.

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

If we don't run the table and get the NY6 bowl, I think this would be a pretty good bowl pairing for us.

I think NT VS Wazzu in the First Responder Bowl would have the opportunity to pair two ranked teams (or, at least 2 teams getting votes), so it would be a pretty good game with a lot of media attention.

I fear the crowd would look a lot like the 2014 HOD bowl though (30K+ green & ~1K red), as I'm not sure how many Wazzu fans would travel down here for it.

Our entire coaching staff would be friggin fired-up beyond belief for it though.   Apprentice VS Master storylines galore, and I bet some Tech fans would come out to support NT just to stick it to the Pirate.