Bringing a Baby to the Game??

brooks91

3 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Stay in the wing section and you'll be fine.  Stay far, far away from the student section. Bringing a baby to a game is probably a safer bet than making a baby at a game. 

Or you’re doing it wrong?

Edited by 97and03
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, brooks91 said:

Anyone who’s done it before have any advice?

Havent been able to convince my wife to go with the baby yet but I went ahead and bought La Tech tickets when they were on sale. I have a week to build my case.

Get them some sort of sound reducing headphones and you should be good as long as the weather holds.  Cannon was the only thing that made mine lose his mind.

I got the worse death glare of all time when the cannon went off and I told her I completely forgot about the cannon.  If she could have incinerated me with her laser eyes that day, I would not be here typing this post.  

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VideoEagle said:

It's very doable.  Be ready to leave early,  but you might not have to! Bathrooms have changing tables. How will doors you little do with noise?  That's usually the issue we're found.  

Noise doesn’t really bother her but I’m worried about the cannon. I bought her some sound mufflers so I’m gonna have her wear and get used to them during the week.

We do it every home game. Apogee has family restrooms with changing stations, so that part is pretty easy. If baby is still nursing, you can use the first aid stations that are inside the concourse on both sides. You can check your stroller on either side of the concourse as well. Also, diaper bags are not subject to the Apogee clear bag policy, but they will briefly search to confirm. Just an FYI. 

10 minutes ago, Green Lantern said:

We do it every home game. Apogee has family restrooms with changing stations, so that part is pretty easy. If baby is still nursing, you can use the first aid stations that are inside the concourse on both sides. You can check your stroller on either side of the concourse as well. Also, diaper bags are not subject to the Apogee clear bag policy, but they will briefly search to confirm. Just an FYI. 

I did see the diaper bag policy but wasn’t sure about the stroller. Thanks!

26 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Get them some sort of sound reducing headphones and you should be good as long as the weather holds.  Cannon was the only thing that made mine lose his mind.

I got the worse death glare of all time when the cannon went off and I told her I completely forgot about the cannon.  If she could have incinerated me with her laser eyes that day, I would not be here typing this post.  

Those are clutch. Took my kids to the rose bowl for wife’s team, brought peltors from work that cancel out ambient noise. Still got to experience the crowd without hearing like mine. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

Correct, how do you carry that in?  Walk out to the car, not letting my wife do that alone!

No idea just asking, I know ladies at work that make it 9 hours a day with same age kiddos and everything. I really don't know how they do it was just my guess.  I was kind of wondering out loud so I hope I don't sound like an ass. 

7 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Ask a dumb question why would this not be an excellent babysitter situation?

She doesn’t have any family in the area and all of mine work weekends. Baby’s only 5 mos so besides daycare, we’ve never left her with anyone. 

Really, we haven’t done anything without the baby. Going to the store, restaurants, or around town, she comes with us. We’ve already been on 3 flights with her so nothings really changed. Hasn’t crossed my mind for anything that we need to leave her at home yet.

Edited by brooks91
  • Upvote 1