Liberty Coach Turner Gill post UNT game comments

Coach Andy Mac

Liberty Head Coach Turner Gill - Overall thoughts on the game...

“I want to give God the glory. We obviously had the weather and all those things that took place. I don’t think it really distracted our guys. They were just the better football team. They executed better than we did. We didn’t make plays when we had to make them. From an offensive perspective, we just never got anything going. Most of it was us, but someof it was them. But overall, they were the better football. We just have to get better at the things we need to get better at, and that’s blocking, tackling, catching the ball, executing and doing all the things we need to do. We’ve still got a lot of good football left, and I’m excited to see how our team will respond as we move forward here in the next two games on the road.”

On not taking advantage of two opportunities to score, one in each half...

“Those two opportunities that we didn’t score put a little damper on some things. We still have to respond. Our defense has to respond when they have opportunities to get off the field, but they were on the field a lot. We didn’t sustain enough drives.

On the running game...

“Overall, we ran the ball pretty good most of the time. There’s a few times where we didn’t have success, but I think overall we had some things in the first two or three quarters where we ran the ball pretty good. Our throwing game was not on par as far as what it should be.”

Edited by Coach Andy Mac
  • Thanks 2