Will the La. Tech game be a sellout? (POLL)

Harry

Will the La. Tech game be a sellout?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Will the La. Tech game be a sellout?

• Yes
    • No

Rain in the forecast for next Saturday as of now.   May need to chime in on this one Thursday or Friday when we have a better idea of what the weather will be.     

I honestly think that is the ONLY variable that would keep it from selling out, or at least getting over that 30K hump (<1k to sellout).

Everything else should bring people out:  4-0 Mean Green team.  Recognizable opponent.  High-stakes game. 
Then, tertiary reasons like:  Mean Joe Statue unveiling.  IPF dirt-turning.  Jr. cheerleaders...  

It's all there.

And I think LATech will bring enough people to at least fill their visitor section.   Gotta remember that little sliver of the stadium that's not up to us to fill.

I voted for sellout.

The more I think about it and observe, the more I think that while the wing/tail section is architecturally nifty, it's impractical for getting butts in seats.  They probably should've put a second deck behind the student section and kept the lower bowl end zone section as is. 

I know I'm being curmudgeonly nitpicky old man here.  I was originally kinda excited about that section because it reminded me of that intimidating fan packed end zone section in Seattle's joint. We just don't seem to be quite marketable enough to pull that off yet. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

18 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

The more I think about it and observe, the more I think that while the wing/tail section is architecturally nifty, it's impractical for getting butts in seats.  They probably should've put a second deck behind the student section and kept the lower bowl end zone section as is. 

I know I'm being curmudgeonly nitpicky old man here.  I was originally kinda excited about that section because it reminded me of that intimidating fan packed end zone section in Seattle's joint. We just don't seem to be quite marketable enough to pull that off yet. 

It seems like the later phases suggested that the tail fin would go away  in favor of a horseshoe if I remember correctly. But that was well before this was even built. 

2 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

It seems like the later phases suggested that the tail fin would go away  in favor of a horseshoe if I remember correctly. But that was well before this was even built. 

I think that's right.   It's why the wings are built on Steel support beams rather than concrete like the rest of the stands.

• Upvote 1

What will it take to get the old way of thinking about buying tickets out of our collective minds?

Why are you waiting until the last minute....these same people will whine about the crowd and how difficult it is to get into the stadium at 6:20pm.

It can't get any easier to buy tickets. it takes 5 minutes to buy them and have the tickets on your phone.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

What will it take to get the old way of thinking about buying tickets out of our collective minds?

Why are you waiting until the last minute....these same people will whine about the crowd and how difficult it is to get into the stadium at 6:20pm.

It can't get any easier to buy tickets. it takes 5 minutes to buy them and have the tickets on your phone.

It how it's always been done. I think when winning becomes the norm and tickets are hard to get, you will see season ticket sales go up and fewer walk-ups on game day.

1 hour ago, KingDL1 said:

Denton according to NOAA:

Saturday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 84.
Saturday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70.

I hope the rain gets out of this forecast! 

Bummer. Looks like weather is going to affect our best games.

8 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

where are you getting that?

Everywhere I've seen has it at 40-60% chance of thunderstorms

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-97.15965270996094&amp;lat=33.201924189778936#.W6kIx2hKiUk

It is  NOAA where all the weather info comes from then readjusted by other sites and they put their spin on it.

14 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

Tony be right!   SUMG, too, from his weAther report to me yesterday.  We won’t need Noah or his Ark this Saturday.  

🔵 Blue skies & a very 🔵 blue La Tech football team after we slobber’knock them back to Jambalaya “crawfish pie, fillet gumbo” Country.

• We will win this game by 3 or 4 touchdowns. 

GMG!

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Tony be right!   SUMG, too, from his weAther report to me yesterday.  We won’t need Noah or his Ark this Saturday.  

🔵 Blue skies & a very 🔵 blue La Tech football team after we slobber’knock them back to Jambalaya “crawfish pie, fillet gumbo” Country.

• We will win this game by 3 or 4 touchdowns. 

GMG!

We will win...but we will earn it.  I predict a 10 point win that is within 7 until midway through the 4th

• Upvote 1